[SOLVED] Problem after paying for GesWall Professional Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Thread author
Apr 27, 2011
I've been using Geswall but the trial is only 15 days and it expired so I paid money for the license and for the first time ever, they expect me to wait a couple of days for the license!!! Damn!! I never had to wait for a license before and feel as though I've been scammed. They already have their money so what's the problem??? I'm getting my money back or making one hell of a stink. And I don't particularly care if they're in Germany either because they got their money right away but no license for me.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
RE: GeSWall Free 2.9.1 Test and Review. By rynesandbergfan23

Larry said:
I've been using Geswall but the trial is only 15 days and it expired so I paid money for the license and for the first time ever, they expect me to wait a couple of days for the license!!! Damn!! I never had to wait for a license before and feel as though I've been scammed. They already have their money so what's the problem??? I'm getting my money back or making one hell of a stink. And I don't particularly care if they're in Germany either because they got their money right away but no license for me.
Keep calm, please!
First, GeSWall has a free version which the pro version will revert to when the trial expires, that will be enough for until your license comes through.
Processing can take some time, I would love things bought from eBay to arrive immediately but they don't. I do not complain, I wait.
You should have researched this first, check your spam folder to make sure that an email hasn't made it's way there.
They aren't German.

Larry

Thread author
Apr 27, 2011

I am calm but am concerned about phishing. Out of all the software I ever bought over the internet, I never had to wait like this. Even with Kaspersky, I got my number right after my payment. This is new to me but if that's he way they do it then that's the way it is. Don't understand the delay though

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011

Larry said:
I am calm but am concerned about phishing. Out of all the software I ever bought over the internet, I never had to wait like this. Even with Kaspersky, I got my number right after my payment. This is new to me but if that's he way they do it then that's the way it is. Don't understand the delay though
I can assure you they are not phishing.
You did go to the http://www.gentlesecurity.com website?
Make sure that it was that website that you went to.

Larry

Thread author
Apr 27, 2011

Yes, it was the same website. I just got a generated email from them. The following is the portion of what pertained to my purchase. Looks like the publisher will be delivering my License key within the next 48 hours.

" * Did you pay by credit card?
Payments by credit card/debit card (UK) are generally charged immediately
after you place your online order. If share-it! delivers your order, it
will be delivered immediately; if the publisher delivers your order, you
will receive it within the next 48 hours. For more information, please refer
to the e-mail concerning order delivery. If you have not received the
product within the time period specified in the e-mail, please notify our
customer service team by replying to this message."

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

If it will received in 48 hours then you don't need to worry about.

Larry

Thread author
Apr 27, 2011

Well, it's been exactly 48 hours since I purchased Geswall so I sent a reminder to the publisher(they have a reminder button for that on their website). I never heard of such a thing.:huh:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Larry said:
Well, it's been exactly 48 hours since I purchased Geswall so I sent a reminder to the publisher(they have a reminder button for that on their website). I never heard of such a thing.:huh:
Very strange...Like you,I'm used to get my license key immediately after the payment
Did you try to contact the "Sales" Department and explain to them your problem?
You can use this form : http://www.gentlesecurity.com/contactus.html or email them at : sales@gentlesecurity.com
Phone : +352 545-580-459

Larry

Thread author
Apr 27, 2011
RE: Problem after paying for GesWall Professional Edition

I'm in the US and unfortunately this transaction was handled by a third party called Digital River so I called them and they gave me a hard time and told me to wait another 3 days but I essentially told them to send me the license or put the money right back into my account where they got it then I'll forget the thing ever happened. I also sent an email to gentle security.

Larry

Thread author
Apr 27, 2011
RE: Problem after paying for GesWall Professional Edition

I finally got my Geswall license!:D Apparently they sent the license key to the wrong email address. I don't understand that because I got the invoice right after my payment but at least I got it now. Below is part of the email they sent me.

we are we sorry for the delay. We sent the license key immediately but made a mistake in e-mail address.

this message has an attached license file, which is required for activation of unlimited version of GeSWall Professional Edition. Please save this file to a backup media like a USB flash drive or a writeable CD. You will need this file to reinstall GeSWall Professional Edition or to apply for technical support.

Thank you for purchasing the software!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.