Solved (SOLVED) Very Hidden folders , how to show them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SifhX

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
Hi,

I 'd like to know how to show hidden folders and files, I know it could be a stupid question but, even with the option 'show hidden ....' in windows some elements are still hidden.

I encountered this problem on my friend's computer, he had a malware located in c:\users\.....\ , a folder was something like s7ghsue7vvvs , and even with the option ON , it was still hidden

Any solution to show all these hidden folders ?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
All files can be seen by 7zip, just open 7zip and browse through it
Capture.JPG

You can delete hidden files also...

If you want to unhide them there's Tweaking.com tool for it, check it ;)
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/unhide_non_system_files.html

Upvote 0

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Just like you did with "show Hidden". also uncheck the "hide system files" option and see if that helps. Malware will often try to evade detection by creating a faux system file attribute.

Reactions: Venustus and SifhX
Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Example :

Real file type of the image/virus is photo.jpg.exe
Show extensions of known file types
it will be photo.jpg.exe
Hide extensions of known file types it will be photo.jpg

So when you see blablabla it's probably good, but if you see blablabla.jpg you know something's wrong :D

Reactions: SifhX and Venustus
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.