Solved [Solved] Windows 8.1 Error - "A required privilege is not held by the cilent"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyBilly299

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 26, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
"A required privilege is not held by the cilent" popups when I try to run files downloaded with IDM
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None
Screenshot45.png

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
hi by any chance are you using iobit product, like cleaner or something if so please check it what it did to your pc through logs, because i have seen some iobit tray icon in your screen but i am not sure about this, well sorry i am not expert in these kind of trouble shooting situation but anyway am i stated what i have thought came in mind, so best of luck on finding a peace full solution to your problem.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I imagine you are on an admin account,yes?
Is the file a new download or an older download?
Did you use CCleaner or another utility program before this started happening? If so try restoring the from the backup
Can you create a new folder and copy & paste the contents from the download folder? From there see if you can open it
What is your UAC set to ? Try lowering it to "never notify" and see if that works

You could also try this
1. Run->secpol.msc
2. Local Policies->Security Options.
3. Set "User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to Disable.
4. Restart the PC

Or try System Restore to a restore point before you experienced this.

Upvote 0

SillyBilly299

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 26, 2015
I imagine you are on an admin account,yes?
Is the file a new download or an older download?
Did you use CCleaner or another utility program before this started happening? If so try restoring the from the backup
Can you create a new folder and copy & paste the contents from the download folder? From there see if you can open it
What is your UAC set to ? Try lowering it to "never notify" and see if that works

You could also try this
1. Run->secpol.msc
2. Local Policies->Security Options.
3. Set "User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode" to Disable.
4. Restart the PC
They all didn't work. I'm going to use System Restore.

Try disabling your AV and check if it executes correctly.
Didn't work. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
H

hjlbx

DON'T do System Restore yet ! You might find after doing it, the issue still persists... LOL, damn Windows.

UAC is blocking... I think.

Installer is asking Windows for resource access to which it does not have permission, so Windows blocks it.

That installer requests access to something that most installers do not or it is a quirk between Windows and that particular installer.

If you know installer is safe, try renaming to * Installer* without asterisks.

If that doesn't work, and installer is safe, turn off UAC and try install again. (I see you tried already...)

IF it works, remember to re-enable UAC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.