Emsisoft Anti-malware . MBAM
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
McAfee Webadvisor
Maintenance tools
Manually Clean. McAfee Quick Clean
File and Photo backup
I do not use any software for backup. Only i create a backup of important documents in my pendrive.

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
Other installed apps:
1.Ms office 2016
2.Free download manager
3.VIA vinyl HD audio
4.WinRAR
5.Fifa 2013

Last edited:
Reactions: yigido

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I agree with SifhX's suggestions! Backing up your system (I need to do this for my own:rolleyes:) is a good precaution. Sandboxie Free www.sandboxie.com is a very light containment method of protecting your system from any alterations from it's very fast state! It's a good testing tool. Know that updates & permanent changes you wish to make should be made outside the sandbox, but trying any extension in a sandbox is additionally a great (temporary) way to test which ones might not slow your system!:cool:
CCleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner is another useful tool (proven by knowledgeable Staff & members alike) to help keep your system optimized. I use it everyday! Here's a portable version for CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-how-tos/running-ccleaner-from-a-usb-drive to keep your system free. Thanks for sharing your config. It's very straight forward, clear of extensions, & I like it,:D which gives me pause for thought!:)

Last edited:

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
You're using Windows 8 Pro but you use M$ Office 2007 ? interesting...

2007 is still used in offices and its good, it uses the modern menu organisation wich is very intuitive and still used in 2013 , it only lacks some minor upgrade like text effects, etc ..

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I like Office 2007 also. Thanks for sharing your config :)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Hi,

Try to find a backup software, it's always useful, then, since you don't use any add-ons, I suggest you a sandbox for your browser
Does this sandbox all downloaded files? or is this pro only?

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
configuration updated 8/4/2016.
Also I can not see "My pc is at risk":(

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why would you consider your PC at risk? Are you able to improve your config?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I have no question to QuickHeal, the performance is quite good from most common threats.

Anyway fine configuration out there, consider to have a backup browser.

N

Noxx

I would consider an anti-executable like NVT EXE Radar Pro, Voodooshield, AppGuard, RE-HIPS, or something similar. I'm not up-to-date on QuickHeal's signatures, so Zemana might be decent pickup to support your on-demand scanning department. Thanks for sharing your config. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.