Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Songbird is an open-source customizable music player that's under active development.

It is integrated with these Web 2.0 services: mashTape, SHOUTcast Radio, Last.fm Scrobbling, and Songkick concert tickets. You can enhance Songbird with community-contributed plugins like Media Flow.

Features include:
  • GStreamer
  • Smart Playlists
  • Built-In Web Browser
  • Multi-language Support
  • Automatic Updates
  • Setup Assistant
  • Custom User Interface
  • Library Management
  • Developer Support

Beta features include portable device support, metadata management, album artwork, and subscriptions.

Change Log - Link.

NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
  • Playlist and track sync with Android devices has been improved.
  • Added official support for Google/Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy SII, HTC Evo 3D, and Galaxy Nexus.
  • The issue with WMA tracks not being playable after updating to 1.10.1 should be resolved.
  • When creating a Smart Playlist with the criteria of "Playlist is Library", Songbird no longer crashes.

1214__songbird4.png

Download

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
I use beta version of Songbird and it work well.

I use it to listen to internet radio.

Thanks extensions this software is better. Especially thanks to Adblock Plus; Bird Tune, IceCast Radio, Last.fm, SHOUTcast Radio (these is extensions are to listen to internet radio); Google and Grooveshark search engine (are add Google and Grooveshark to the list of search engines); New Tab Button (add new button to Songbird) and WOT.

You can download Nightly builds of Songbird from here: http://wiki.songbirdnest.com/Developer/Articles/Builds/Nightly_Builds

And unstable extensions You can download from here: http://developer.songbirdnest.com/builds/trunk/latest/addons/

I really like Songbird but more I use Tapin Radio- it free software to listen to internet radio and it can record songs in mp3 format, with information about author, title... But it is another story. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.