Sophie Config

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Very nice config. Interesting setup, with just having Returnil. If I''m right doesn't Returnil have a built in AV, if they do what AV engine is it using?

SophieWhatever

Thread author
Dec 27, 2011
McLovin said:
Very nice config. Interesting setup, with just having Returnil. If I''m right doesn't Returnil have a built in AV, if they do what AV engine is it using?

it uses F-PROT Antivirus engine ,

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Sophie Kingsoft Forum Mod said:
it uses F-PROT Antivirus engine ,

Ahh, I see. Do you always have to use the revert back to state? Never really used Returnil just been watching videos.

SophieWhatever

Thread author
Dec 27, 2011
Ahh, I see. Do you always have to use the revert back to state? Never really used Returnil just been watching videos.
[/quote]

Yes with the free version its like shadow defender re boot and all changed gone,
Pro version more options , but i find the free version works fine for me for now .

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Sophie Kingsoft Forum Mod said:
Yes with the free version its like shadow defender re boot and all changed gone,
Pro version more options , but i find the free version works fine for me for now .

I see. Nice config.

SophieWhatever

Thread author
Dec 27, 2011
Thank you McLovin,
since almost everyone here has done a config I decided to put mine in the hat lol :angel:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Real Time Protection:
Interesting configuration... I have tried Returnil System Safe 2011 and it's a solid security solution.
Are you using the Pro or the Free version.

Additional browser protection:
Are you using any add-ons?What version of Chrome are you running (Stable, BETA , Dev.. )

LastPass (Free) - link
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

WOT (Free) - link
To help you avoid malicious sites you can use Web of Trust (WOT) a website rating browser plugin. After you add it to your browser make sure you only visit websites rated "Green" by WOT

Adblock Plus for Google Chrome (Free) - link
Adblock Plus for Google Chrome is a content-filtering extension for Google Chrome. Adblock allows users to prevent page elements, such as advertisements, from being downloaded and displayed.

PS. Welcome!! :welcomewave:

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Nice.
Now that's what i call a naked config.
Reminds me of Bo's.
Light as a feather :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Fine configuration, as Returnil known for likely a virtualization software that can revert back any changes without a hassle. Well even the AV isn't best at all however it fits on the setup.

P

Plexx

Decent Config.

Consider adding the following tools:

Additional Real Time Protection:
*Panda URL Filter (google Panda Toolbar, Install Panda Toolbar and then Remove the Panda Toolbar)

*Google Chrome extensions: Adblock Plus and WOT.

Unlocking software for stuck applications (freeware):
*Unlocker 1.9.1 (64bit edition and 32bit edition accordingly).

Registry Defrag (freeware):
*Quicksys RegDefrag.

HDD Defrag (freeware):
*Auslogics Disk Defrag;
*Puran Defrag;
*Smart Defrag.

Uninstaller:
*Revo Uninstaller PRO (if you want to pay for it - supports 64bit architecture). Revo Uninstaller Free for 32 bits.
*Your Uninstaller (there is a free trial and supports 64bit architecture according to the website)
*If not, stick to Windows's default uninstaller.

System Utilities (freeware):
*Advanced SystemCare 5 Free;
*CCleaner.

That's about all I can think of it at the moment.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.