Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition

As Apple computers grow more popular than ever, they're an increasingly-enticing target for hackers. And these hackers aren't just mischief-makers—by targeting your computer or applications you use, these criminals are out to steal and profit from your valuable personal information. Don't let them.
Nobody likes system pop-ups or system slow-downs. That's why our product won't annoy you with messages or take up your computer's resources. And once you install Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition, you're the boss.

Sophos Mac Support Forum

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
it's nothing I recommend; it won't block a single thing.

Regards,
Valentin N

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
According to the video the file was detected and quarantine however the file is exist tried from custom scan and detected but the file is still exist and in quarantine manager there is a available option to clean up threat and need to lock to have changes.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
jamescv7 said:
According to the video the file was detected and quarantine however the file is exist tried from custom scan and detected but the file is still exist and in quarantine manager there is a available option to clean up threat and need to lock to have changes.

it doesn't quarantine a thing.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes it didn't quarantine even sophos stated as the file still exist wonder if there is something wrong on sophos AV.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I wouldn't not recommend it, since it one of the Antivirus solutions that are free. (Ignoring Comodo AV for Mac since that's still beta).

The video is 5 months old, maybe Sophos could have fixed that. I will see if I can install Mac OS X on VirtualBox then test it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes probably it may fixed and doubt in the video it can be the old (current) version before, have problems.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I managed to install Mac OS in VirtualBox.

The default Sophos settings for On-access scanning is Deny Access, but not to Move.

It does show in the Quarantine manager, but to remove threats you must first unlock with password (for access to manage threats) to delete the threat from Download location.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
yeah that was a thing to know caused in the video notice that its locked so it needs to unlock it and clean up those threats to remove completely.

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
Their file removal is probably having problems right now...Sophos will probably fix it sooner or later.

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
I saw an email from the forums with a reply telling me that for a free product I can't complain, but I don't see it here, anyways I didn't know it was a free product, but still having problems with the file removal is kinda bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.