App Review Sophos Home 1.0 (Prevention Test)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
R

Rod McCarthy

What firewall would be good to run with Sophos free? Windows firewall enough, or do you need another firewall for protection.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
What firewall would be good to run with Sophos free? Windows firewall enough, or do you need another firewall for protection.
I run a third party firewall,but if you are using Win 8.1 and above the inbuilt firewall is quite good and easily configurable!!
Or this,but you must pay for complete functionality!
I am not sure if Comodo firewall plays well with Sophos?It should,but others can chime in and advise,as I have not used it for some time!!
:):)

Reactions: Kuttz and frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Rod McCarthy: For safer from compatibility then Windows Firewall + tiny tool enhancement which only needs minimal maintenance. Usually a third party firewall contains drivers that sometimes can collide to other security products but in high chance of installation then they can play to each other.

Reactions: Kuttz and Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.