Sep 3, 2017

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Unbenannt.PNG
i would like to see a test between sophos free and premium with the same samples

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
View attachment 180061
i would like to see a test between sophos free and premium with the same samples
Premium should lead...with its advanced features and better malware removal..
Very powerful and light on system too
End point interception + Hitman pro alert+ Own BB would definetly give a double edge sword

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
I'm also having a free 1 year license of Sophos Home Premium, but the only problem i was having is i don't have a VM to be a MH testers :(

Reactions: bribon77

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
i don't have a VM to be a MH testers
It's easy enough to set one up (there's plenty of tutorials on Youtube). Just make sure you create an ISO of whichever OS you're going to be using and have a licence key on-hand so you can install said OS on the VM.

Reactions: Syafiq and upnorth

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@Evjl's Rain

Aren't the great majority of test done on HMP.A only about the cryptoguard?

I don't think I have seen anyone actually test its anti-exploit capabilities which supposedly is HMP.A's strength.
HMPA's cryptoguard was tested by CS and it wasn't comparable to the others
exploit protection is not easy to test because they are not many exploits amateur testers like me can use and I don't know how to do it, too

I think exploits are rarer than everyday malwares we get

in other tests by Parsh, sophos premium (+HMPA module) were smashed by malwares and files were encrypted in several tests -> that sucks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.