Soulweave's Windows System

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Switched to Debian Stable XFCE.

Not much was added or tweaked since I am currently using Windows for gaming and dedicating time on VirtualBox to test both Ubuntu and Debian Stable with following options (ubuntu has been completely stripped apart):

XFCE panel
TINT2 panel
LXDE panel
Other panels not commonly known

Window manager:
OpenBox
BlackBox

For those who do not know, BB is a old school minimalistic window manager and extremely light. Just not very customizable when it comes to themes.

all the above are being tweaked the same in both Bases to see which combo I will go with. I am familiar with OpenBox configurations, but havent used BB for over 7 years.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
For those who do not know, BB is a old school minimalistic window manager and extremely light. Just not very customizable when it comes to themes.

all the above are being tweaked the same in both Bases to see which combo I will go with. I am familiar with OpenBox configurations, but havent used BB for over 7 years.

i know its all personal choices but I think Linux should move to some more heavy graphics oriented window system, as our systems can handle it easily nowadays

Reactions: Syafiq

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
After some time being away, I stopped using Linux as my daily driver and reverted back to Windows 10 for gaming purposes.

Windows is heavily customized for my gaming needs.

As for AV of choice, Kaspersky 18 since it is enough for my needs and light enough.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Reverted to good old McAfee Endpoint Security.
Only module not installed its the Firewall Module because Windows Firewall is enough for me and considering I am a gamer, the less I configure the better it is for me in the long run (time wise).

Fqy9zsS.png

Please bear in mind that despite this being McAfee, it is far from the standard home solutions.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Changed back to Kaspersky Antivirus 18 from McAfee Endpoint Security.

Reason was simple: No way to disable Idle Scan (something I do not need at all). Aside from that, no issue with McAfee at all. Will probably use it on my other systems, just not the Gaming one.

Soulbound

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
A small addition to existing configuration: Midori web browser since when I'm running multiple eve clients and needing a web browser on top of it, chrome and Firefox can get noisy.

removed qutebrowser for same reason as I need mouse control over keyboard shortcuts

Edit:will require some changes on midori. stock midori is lacking

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.