Sound problem on Windows 10. Can you help?

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Hello i have a little problem.
everytime i change my Systemsound to whatever i want 90,34,10 or whatever after some mins it is again at 100% anyone have the same problem and know how to solve it? all the other changed sounds are safed for example Vivaldi at 20 or some games at 2%. only Systemsound change again to 100 everytime.

any help would be much appricated!

Have a nice day. :)

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Hello i have a little problem.
everytime i change my Systemsound to whatever i want 90,34,10 or whatever after some mins it is again at 100% anyone have the same problem and know how to solve it? all the other changed sounds are safed for example Vivaldi at 20 or some games at 2%. only Systemsound change again to 100 everytime.

any help would be much appricated!

Have a nice day. :)
If this appears after some windows 10 updates, it is certainly a driver problem.

=> update it from constructor website (ex : Realtek for me :) )

Some people with same problem have fix it this way :
  1. Click start and type sound and hit enter (to open the Sound window). Or you can alternatively right-click on the sound icon in the tray area and select Sounds.
  2. Select the Playback tab and then right-click on the Speakers and select Properties.
  3. Go to Enhancements tab (if you have it) and uncheck Disable all sound effects (or any similar thing you might have in there).
  4. Also uncheck the immediate mode on top of the list.
I hope it can help you :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
If this appears after some windows 10 updates, it is certainly a driver problem.

=> update it from constructor website (ex : Realtek for me :) )

Some people with same problem have fix it this way :
  1. Click start and type sound and hit enter (to open the Sound window). Or you can alternatively right-click on the sound icon in the tray area and select Sounds.
  2. Select the Playback tab and then right-click on the Speakers and select Properties.
  3. Go to Enhancements tab (if you have it) and uncheck Disable all sound effects (or any similar thing you might have in there).
  4. Also uncheck the immediate mode on top of the list.
I hope it can help you :)
Thank you so much! That solved the problem :)

Upvote 0

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
This may or may not be helpful...but there is a problem that is affecting an extremely small number of Windows 10 users.
This problem IMO appears to be related to Cortana and it's ability (as an App) to Control System Audio Settings..

If this is the problem,then the fix might be...

• Right-Click the volume icon in your tray.
  • Select Sounds
  • On the Playback tab, select Speakers/Headphones and press Properties.
  • Now go to Advanced tab and uncheck both Exclusive Mode options, which are....
  • 1) Allow applications to take exclusive control on this device.
  • 2) Give exclusive mode applications priority
  • Press Apply

Upvote 0

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
This may or may not be helpful...but there is a problem that is affecting an extremely small number of Windows 10 users.
This problem IMO appears to be related to Cortana and it's ability (as an App) to Control System Audio Settings..

If this is the problem,then the fix might be...

• Right-Click the volume icon in your tray.
  • Select Sounds
  • On the Playback tab, select Speakers/Headphones and press Properties.
  • Now go to Advanced tab and uncheck both Exclusive Mode options, which are....
  • 1) Allow applications to take exclusive control on this device.
  • 2) Give exclusive mode applications priority
  • Press Apply
DardiM posted exactly the same. it works until i restart the laptop, than it is on 100 again..

Upvote 0

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
My wife had the same problem. What I did was right click on the sound icon in the tray, and click diagnose problem. It did it's thing scanning for the problem then stopped and said fixed, and it was.
@Janl1992l : try this :)
Sorry,I thought DardiMs post referred to unchecking Disable all sound effects and immediate mode:confused:
Whereas I was referring to the options within Exclusive Mode.
My apologies:oops:
@Logethica: I can confirm I was not referring to the same option you wrote :)

@Janl1992l :
Try what @Logethica suggests, it can be the solution
(as it's a bug , several possibility to try).
You even can mix the both solutions

The best ultimate solution is update with constructor drivers / or windows update if they corrected the bug

For me : Realtek updates very often its drivers (often on time by week) :
=> I just checked now, another update available today :p
=> they certainly put updates after every windows 10 update, to avoid bugs :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Janl1992l

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
@Janl1992l : try this :)

@Logethica: I can confirm I was not referring to the same option you wrote :)

@Janl1992l :
Try what @Logethica suggests, it can be the solution
(as it's a bug , several possibility to try).
You even can mix the both solutions

The best ultimate solution is update with constructor drivers / or windows update if they corrected the bug

For me : Realtek updates very often its drivers (often on time by week) :
=> I just checked now, another update available today :p
=> they certainly put updates after every windows 10 update, to avoid bugs :D
Updating the driver finaly solved the problem! thank u so much! :) strange that a sound driver can do something like this. Have a nice day :)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.