Sparkbrowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Anyone heard of this browser.......it claims itself to be fastest browser....and is available for both windows and mac........here's the video of the browser......posted by sparkbrowser...and it is paid browser costs $10.99 as stated on their website.....

Last edited by a moderator:

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Wow, paying for a browser, cannot imagine anyone wanting to when such good offerings already exist... But let's say that they do have a small userbase, any reviews to prove this, we can't just take their word for it and pay to find out! What are your thoughts on paying for a browser Samit, have you bought it at all? :)

Thanks for the very unique link, never seen anything like this, something new to discuss..., well done samit.

PS- Jack, out of interest, am curious to know, so why don't you ask them for a free 1 license so you can test/discuss it here on MT?!?! :p

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
nope i haven't bought it.....by the way why should we pay for browser.....when there are so many free and awesome alternatives like opera, firefox,etc.....however captain if you want to try out you can download trial version from their site.....but i haven't download it by myself yet......

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Might want to read these commits- https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/sparkbrowser.com#comment

Its a complete phishing scam.;)

Thanks.:D

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
*smacks myself with the hammer*

Thanks, why I did not think of actually reading the WOT ratings/comments, I am a modest Silver member after all, nearly gold (it's not a race ofc but still...)

I will add my rate to it then, knock it down a peg or two.

EDIT:Even though it was Red it still had some 1/5 on ratings, so hopefully I've knocked it down to Zero completely.

(usually I have the power to make a site go from Zero to Green 1/5)

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
so after all it is kinda phishing site.....phew.......

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
okay guyzz.....i got something more....they even have facebook fan page.....
http://www.facebook.com/sparkbrowser

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Looks like Chrome , and I can bet that this guys are using the Chrome platform.....
And you can tell that this is basically a scam because they 'advertise' with the 'promise' people want to hear ... The fastest browser in the world and then they make you pay for it without even giving you a trial period.
Sparkbrowser = The first ROGUE Browser. :) Stay away from this crapware and never pay from something that should be free right from the start...

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I won't pay for it even if its price was 0.01 cents. There are a lot of free browsers out there, secure, fast and does the job. :)

EDIT: I opened their youtube video. They even linked to a typosquatter of facebook.com in the description. Bad.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I wouldn't worry about it...

It's a fairly young guy with big dreams apparently. His websites are pretty entertaining. Lots of spelling errors. Very pro all around!

First, the browser homepage. Sparkbrowser Web Browser

Notice the first thing you see is that Spark 2011 is finally here. Now look for a download link... Hmmm... None to be found.

Reading his marketing mumbo jumbo, it appears that he's infringing on multiple copyrights.

Hey, he has a clients link! Let's see who his clients are! Oh, it's a Partners page. Even better!

Wow! He's partners with Python, Microsoft, Bing (he's partners with Microsoft's search engine?), and WebKit!

Oh, I see... These are vendors/services he used to make the browser. So they're neither partners, nor clients.

Let's look at his Blog now.

Nice! Three news items, each with seven comments. Hmmm... All the links are for the main blog page. Must be a mistake with the hosting company. (Credited on the partners page...) Couldn't be anything to do with the guy who made the best browser in the world.

This is his consulting page. Christopher Reeves Business Consulting - Boston MA He apparently consults for a bunch of companies I've never heard of, (some appear not to exist yet) and Hewlett Packard. (Whose name he misspells) Thinks highly of himself, this guy...

This is the homepage of his company. Spark Industries

He has a great customer quote here.
a valued customer said:
This site is currently under construction, check back later for the most updated version

Also nice are the news events from December 12, 2015. Lots of broken links. :rolleyes:

I would just steer clear of this thing if it ever does become available.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Must have been made by a 13 year old child. A shameful amount of typos on the website and mistakes in the HTML.

Not to mention that horrible choice of music in that video.

GGeJ1.png

Anyone that was delusional enough to fork out their money on this needs a lesson in so many things...

Thanks for the laugh.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
More of the same as the video already posted, but for some odd reason, he calls this video Sparkbrowser internet explorer 10.

Last edited by a moderator:

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Also WOT comments add severe tracking is more or less used, privacy out of window, as well as it been based on Chrome or Chromium.. can't remember which one...

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well all browsers came to be free and never become a trial version and legit. So these people need to gain money and convince with their product line the fastest browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.