Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
Other security software: Kaspersky Internet Security (Licence key) and Shadow Defender.

Backup services and devices: MEGA cloud (50GB), Mediafire (54GB), Google Drive (17GB), OneDrive (15GB), 4Shared (15GB), Lexar P10 USB 3.0 flash drive (32GB), WD My Passport Ultra portable HDD (1TB).

Portable HDD is used for system image backups, programs and personal data. All school work is backed up to OneDrive daily via the client.

Current programs: uTorrent, 7Zip, Kodi, Steam, F.lux, Foxit PDF Reader, ImgBurn, Wing IDE, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016, MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool Power Data Recovery (Technician license), Kodi, Ace Player, Python 3.4, Skype, Viber, Virtual DJ Pro, WD Drive Utilities & Security and VLC media player and OneDrive client.

Both laptops have UEFI setup with secure boot enabled.

A Sandisk UltraFit 32GB bootable flash drive made with SARDU. It contains:
  • Avira Rescue System
  • Bitdefender
  • Kaspersky KavRescue 10
  • ESET SysRescue Live
  • NT password
  • Trinity Rescue Kit
  • Aomei Backupper
  • Darik's Boot And Nuke
  • gparted AMD64
  • Mint KDE
  • Windows 10 UEFI Installer
All software is current and kept up to date (Software is always being updated which is why I haven't listed any version numbers next to the software I am using).

'Patch Tuesday' (Microsoft releases Windows updates every second Tuesday of every month) and 'Critical Wednesday', all outstanding work is put aside to ensure system is fully patched (The days mentioned don't seem to correspond with the Windows 10 updates pattern however, they're valid estimations).

A seasonal defrag is conducted to keep HDD at optimum level.

The objective is to achieve sound protection with reliable performance.

Both laptops have password-protected BIOS to prevent any modifications to the system or unauthorised access to boot up another system from a USB/Disk to see personal data.

The second laptop currently has a secure Guest account setup with an Admin account for software updating and management which is used for recreational purposes only.

Thanks for reading.

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
Just to be sure, you're not using both Avast and Kaspersky at the same time, right? :p Otherwise a very good config. Maybe Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

Used to run Kaspersky IS with MBAE, but I got rid of it. Pointless. I have two machines, one runs Avast the other runs Emsisoft. I have Avast for another two years on one machine. The other runs Emsisoft but I will switch back to Kaspersky this year after Emsisoft finishes.

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
Added Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS to one of my laptops (dual-boot) to begin my journey of getting to grips with Linux . Am I allowed to make another configuration or is it still one per user?

Reactions: Deletedmessiah
D

Deleted member 178

Added Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS to one of my laptops (dual-boot) to begin my journey of getting to grips with Linux . Am I allowed to make another configuration or is it still one per user?
nope only one config, but you can detail it in this thread, and put it in a spoiler like this :

Unbuntu:
blablablabla

Reactions: Deletedmessiah
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.