Advice Request Speed Up Chrome?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVS2

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
How can I speed up my internet browsing from chrome?

Specifically, a site is doing limited giveaways on first-come-first-serve-basis. I need to click before --- less than the first second --- to get it. Literally. I've already tried once and couldn't click fast enough (probably 0.5 sec). How can I minimize my lag?

Already done :
All plugins disabled.
All extensions disabled except Adguard and TrafficLight. I noticed they, together, reduce time to load a page by 1 second.

Reactions: kev216

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Upgrade your Internet through your ISP.

Switch to Wired connection instead of Wireless.
Change your Power Settings to High Performance.
Stay connected to mains power.
Close or pause other background applications using bandwidth.
Turn off other devices (ie. Smartphone) from using bandwidth.

Reactions: kev216

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
By default, the speed of Chrome is already one of the fastest and well reliable browser.

Advertisement halts the overall browsing so as mentioned, use adblocker then you may add hibernating functions tool/extension like where tabs on Google Chrome can be controlled to sleep or keep on low mode to reserve sources.

Reactions: FrFc1908
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.