Speedify: the fastest VPN, is actually safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
If you do not know Speedify:

speedify-5-homeheader02.png

Don’t compromise on speed when seeking security.

Speedify is a no-log VPN built from the ground up for speed and mobility. It combines all your available internet connections to improve reliability and uses the latest encryption standards to deliver over twice the performance of conventional VPNs on desktops and mobile devices.

This VPN claims to be a real fast VPN that actually protects you as well. As it's known, VPN's are usually slower than your ISP internet due to the encryption and protection they provide over your connection.

I've tested this VPN and it's really fast, much faster than anyone i've ever tried. It even downloads files as fast as my ISP connection does. Kind of.

What do you think? How safe can this VPN be? Do you actually believe the "combination of available internet connections" gives the VPN the speed it offers? Or does it lack of protection? Would you use it?

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
If you do not know Speedify:

What do you think? How safe can this VPN be? Do you actually believe the "combination of available internet connections" gives the VPN the speed it offers? Or does it lack of protection? Would you use it?

I haven't heard/used this vpn. There is a review on a techradar

Speedify review | TechRadar

They say ,,We DO NOT log what you do or what sites you visit through the Speedify service.,, Who really knows about? I can't verify if it is true or not.

I have just checked the price. They offer a 1 year subscription for $49.99. It is not expensive. I couldn't find if they offer a free trial but Risk Free, 30-Day Money Back Guarantee!
It is worthy to try. If you don't like it you can ask for a refund.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
if this vpn located in sunny Philadelphia, PA it is not safe. The vpn services based or have servers in US they are not reliable for privacy.
I don't recommend to use a vpn in 14 eyes (there are 5, 9 and 14 eyes). But it also depends what are going to do. Watching movies in youtube or visiting MT it is ok. But for doing some illegal activity not recommended such vpn services.

3e6-16hn

Level 2
Verified
Nov 27, 2013
I am using this VPN not to improve my privacy but to combine our internet since we have 2 ISP in home. From my experience I can say that my internet speed has improved since using this VPN.

Reactions: frogboy and RoboMan

Elpibe

Level 3
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Its not a bad concept problem.
USA is part of the Five eyes
Snowden revealed that the FVEY have been spying on one another's citizens and sharing the collected information with each other in order to circumvent restrictive domestic regulations on surveillance of citizens
(wikipedia quote), read about FVEY and make your own conclusion. Theres a lot of info in internet about this (and a lot of proofs), USA is the best known for spying, but not the only one. China is not part of 5,9 or 14 eyes alliance and trust me, i wouldnt use a VPN from that country.

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
As others said before, any VPN US based is not a good call. Excluding Private Internet Access, I wouldn't trust any other US based vpn.
Especially if that vpn is promising the "fastest" speed, claiming it's because they use the "latest encryption standards to deliver over twice the performance of conventional VPNs". What are the latest encryption standards that doubled the speed of encryption? Am I unaware of something new or are tjhey making claims with nothing backing them?
On my year of using a vpn, I've never really had speed issues. Unless I connected to a very remote place, like a US server.
So yeah, I wouldn't go for speedify, especially since it costs more than PIA.

Any VPN - no matter where it is located - that is pressured by governments to fully cooperate and\or give-up user data or perish\face jail time\etc will opt to cooperate and even give-up any collected or collectable user data. That means even trying to make connections between users and bitcoin payments, mail-in payments and such. To think otherwise is living in denial. Also, anonymity and encryption are not the same thing; encryption does not guarantee anonymity.

If a user wants actual anonymity, then a user has to do a whole lot more than simply use a VPN.

SofyaSukhova312

Apr 13, 2018
VPN is a must have feature for every browser and net-based app no matter who developed it, so you have to use IMHO. I use it even when im chilling and watching netflix ( read review ) i highly recomend doing the same and never let your guard down.

Reactions: CyberTech
Status
Not open for further replies.