Solved [split] Dragon crashes on FileHippo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
guyzzz...its little bit out of topic......but have any one noticed that whenever you go to filehippo.com in comodo dragon browser to download internet download manager (not any other software)....comodo dragon crashes not only once but everytime......its so weird....:huh:

http://filehippo.com/download_internet_download_manager/

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
RE: Sparkbrowser

samit said:
guyzzz...its little bit out of topic......but have any one noticed that whenever you go to filehippo.com in comodo dragon browser to download internet download manager (not any other software)....comodo dragon crashes not only once but everytime......its so weird....:huh:

http://filehippo.com/download_internet_download_manager/

Looks like it's an IDM hater. :p

Upvote 0

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
RE: Sparkbrowser

haha:D......may be.....but there isn't any problem while downloading IDM from other sites or any software from filehippo in dragon...but whenever i try to download IDM from filehippo it crashes.....that's just so funny and really weird...;)

Upvote 0

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
although i didn't use dragon so much......the problem was there since version 12.2 (first time i noticed it).......

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
It seems to be working fine for me....
[attachment=913]
What OS and Architecture are you using? Do you have any add-ons ? Did you change any settings?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 665
Upvote 0

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
win 7 professional 32-bit.......currently using two add-ons...wot and adblock.....the problem is not only on my pc.....i have also tried it on my friend's laptop and same thing happens......

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
samit said:
win 7 professional 32-bit.......currently using two add-ons...wot and adblock.....the problem is not only on my pc.....i have also tried it on my friend's laptop and same thing happens......
I'm also using a Windows 7 32bit and I don't seem to have any problems ... Did you try to uninstall and install it again?
Note : Before installing it , go to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Comodo and delete the Dragon folder then Install the browser again.

Upvote 0

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
If you use a 3rd party unsupported browser then you need to deal with it downfalls. IE,FF and Chrome are the top 3 well known and most supported browsers.

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Maximus said:
If you use a 3rd party unsupported browser then you need to deal with it downfalls. IE,FF and Chrome are the top 3 well known and most supported browsers.
His problem is caused by some unique system conditions and as you've seen in my screenshot this is not a typical behavior for Comodo Dragon..
Also as far as I know Dragon is supported in the COMODO forums and it's based on the Chromium platform.

Upvote 0

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
i did completely uninstalled and installed it couple of times but still not fixed......
here's the image
[attachment=914]

Attachments

• Capturema.JPG
    Capturema.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 645
Upvote 0

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Did you delete EVERYTHING? Everything under user/data?All registry entries? Does it happen with IE? Does it happen with Chrome? Does it happen with FF?

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Problem solved via TeamViewer , basically the crash was caused by the Enable malware domain filtering (Comodo Secure DNS) feature.
After I've disabled Enable malware domain filtering (Comodo Secure DNS) everything worked fine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.