[split] What Chromium browser?

HeffeD

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 28, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
So what is the difference between the actual Dragon and Chrome?

I'd love it if they actually had a comparison chart on the Dragon download page, but here are some of the things I can think of.

• Adds SSL certficate domain validation. Based on Comodo's Verification Engine.
  • Adds the ability to save the user profile during uninstall.
  • Adds Site Inspector functionality.
  • Adds the ability to use SecureDNS only while using the Dragon browser.
  • Adds the ability to block referrer headers.
  • Remove Google tracking.
  • Remove the Google updater and utilize their own updater.

I'm sure there are some things I'm forgetting, but these are the main differences.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Dragon is a browser dedicated for security so there are going to be several features that make it more secure, that Chromium originally didn't have (not saying that in a bad sense of course). I just feel more conferrable with the original Chrome because it's developed by Google who are considered real "Internet people". Sure hope this post makes any sense.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Either way you go you're going to have a very secure browser. Chromium was built from the ground up with security in mind.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
One Chromium-based browser that seems to be over-looked on this site is Maxthon 3. It is in high development, new version gets released weekly almost as fast as the development of Google Chrome. Almost has the latest Chromium core, unlike other Chromium-based browsers. It has some added features that some users might enjoy.

Although I would still choose Google Chrome, if I was to use a Chromium-based browser.

Thanks.:D

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Maxthon looks interesting. Especially their adblocking. I wonder if it actually works as well as Firefox.

D

Deleted member 178

I used Maxthon 3 for a time, but the lack of addons made me uninstalled it, but it is a good browser with some good features

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.