Battle Spybot S&D vs Spywareblaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Spyware Blaster is just a black list. It doesn't scan for, or remove malware.

Your question is a bit like saying, which is better, Spybot or your HOSTS file? (And yes, I'm aware that Spybots 'immunize' feature adds entries to your HOSTS file)

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
pcjunklist said:
Remember not too long ago spybot and ad-aware were the go to programs, man did they die fast!

I sure do, The nostalgia is strong. I remember using Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D back then. They were great when put together. :shy:

r2SbJ.gif

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Spywareblaster was known for browser immunization tool while Spybot S&D likely considered as full blown AV.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
SpybotS&D is nowhere near to be consider an AV, version 2 beta is just appalling.

Either kill off SS&D or make a major over-haul just like Ad-Aware have done.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes I know that Spybot before was known as Anti-Spyware but since today its in the field of being an AV even its a beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.