Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
H

hjlbx

If the publisher would refine the user-interface, this one would be a top contender on 32-bit systems. Right now, it's kinda a weird mix of NVT ERP + Windows Firewall + Classical HIPS.

On 64-bit there's that naggy issue of Microsoft's Patch Guard...

Any how, anyone who really learns to how to use it will be in good shape for typical daily use.

луноход

Verified
Mar 12, 2015
Hi Guys. I just scanned my PC with Herdprotect, and it detected Spyshelter as a threat, however it said it didn't have enough info to make a recommendation. I did a second scan with VirusTotal, and one of their virus scanners there called ''Zillya'' said SpyShelter was a Tool.Patcher.Win32.14156
I'm hoping this is a false positive since my Kaspersky didn't detected anything, but I just wanted to share this.This happened after the last update, so I would appreciate some feedback if anyone out there has the same problem. Thank you, guys.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As long you download on the original source hence its a False postive,

Zillya and some other AV may not work well to handle legitimate programs due on something related behaviour.

луноход

Verified
Mar 12, 2015
Thank you so much, James. I downloaded SS from the official site and never had any problem with it. Don't know why HerdProtect and now VirusTotal are flagging it. Just did a new scan with HerdP, and now it's saying : Recommendation: Removal is a good idea, this is unwanted.
Five HerdProtect AVs are flagging it as an Adware/PUP. It would be tremendously helpful if someone with SpyShelter could confirm my results. It's unsettling to live with the doubt that one may or may not be running a corrupt program. Thanks for your help.

H

hjlbx

Thank you so much, James. I downloaded SS from the official site and never had any problem with it. Don't know why HerdProtect and now VirusTotal are flagging it. Just did a new scan with HerdP, and now it's saying : Recommendation: Removal is a good idea, this is unwanted.
Five HerdProtect AVs are flagging it as an Adware/PUP. It would be tremendously helpful if someone with SpyShelter could confirm my results. It's unsettling to live with the doubt that one may or may not be running a corrupt program. Thanks for your help.

Contact DatPol - the SpyShelter developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.