Compare list
Spyshelter Silent or Premium Latest version
Hitman Pro Alert Keystroke Enryption Latest Version
ESET Premium Banking Protection Keystroke Encryption Latest Version

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
masking Keystrokes on even heavily infected system.
I believe this does not make any sense. One should never do online banking on a possibly infected system. Many things could go wrong, and personally I see that online banking feature as snake oil and marketing nonsense.

Personally, I ceate a profile in my browser for online banking. It would be better and more secure if one uses another browser specifically for online banking.

TedCruz

Level 5
Thread author
Aug 19, 2022
I believe this does not make any sense. One should never do online banking on a possibly infected system. Many things could go wrong, and personally I see that online banking feature as snake oil and marketing nonsense.

Personally, I ceate a profile in my browser for online banking. It would be better and more secure if one uses another browser specifically for online banking.
The only reason I am asking for that options is that even an unprotected system will be safe if it's not infected so why even invest in a keystroke obfuscation if you are testing it against a clean system? What if you are infected and you don't know it? Which key stroke protection solution would protect you against an infection that you don't know you are infected with? I. E. Persistant Threat of unknown origin and definition?

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
The only reason I am asking for that options is that even an unprotected system will be safe if it's not infected so why even invest in a keystroke obfuscation if you are testing it against a clean system? What if you are infected and you don't know it? Which key stroke protection solution would protect you against an infection that you don't know you are infected with? I. E. Persistant Threat of unknown origin and definition?
I totally understand you concern, but that protection feature works on paper, but do you really know it is effective? How would you know?

Some people that I know, installed Linux along side Windows just to do online banking. They boot into Linux, start online banking session, when they are done, they shut it down.

BTW you can create a Bootable Ubuntu USB and use it for online banking. If you plan to do that, just invest in a fast USB3 flash drive.

I Walk MY Way

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 27, 2013
Ubuntu USB Pretty much solve the problem, However If you were planning to stick with windows only I would use this solution Clean install of windows install Hitman Pro Alert Keystroke Encryption Set everything up Install shadow defender, Pretty much any unknownThreat Will be gone when you reboot a computer..

TedCruz

Level 5
Thread author
Aug 19, 2022
Ubuntu USB Pretty much solve the problem, However If you were planning to stick with windows only I would use this solution Clean install of windows install Hitman Pro Alert Keystroke Encryption Set everything up Install shadow defender, Pretty much any unknownThreat Will be gone when you reboot a computer..
Yeap but Shadow Defender BSOD's my Win11 box. I had the lic since 2018. I decided to reinstall it recently. When turned on it BSOD my system. Thanks for backups I was back and running in less than 15 min. I dual boot into Arch but I honestly never bank in Arch just code.

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.