Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
SpywareBlaster 6.0 has been released!

Defend your security and privacy while browsing the web. Prevent the installation of spyware, malware, trackers, and other potentially unwanted software!

SpywareBlaster works alongside your web browser and existing security setup, to provide a powerful multi-layered defense against the bad side of the web. No need to choose - keep your existing tools and your favorite software, and add on SpywareBlaster's complementary, no-nonsense protection.

New in this version:
-Enhanced Windows 10 support
-Microsoft Edge (Chromium) support
-Brave support
-Vivaldi support

-Enhanced Mozilla Firefox support
-Improved high-DPI display support

-Improved support for the latest versions of Google Chrome.
-Improved support for the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox.
-Numerous other bug fixes, optimizations, and tweaks.

This 6.0 release provides enhanced protection, browser support, performance, and bug fixes.

SpywareBlaster is a free download.
Download the latest version here:
SpywareBlaster

System Requirements: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. (32 and 64-bit)

Like SpywareBlaster?
Share SpywareBlaster on Facebook & Twitter. Help protect your friends and family!

Upgrade to the full version
Help us out, and automatically stay up-to-date, with SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate. Available for a low price, SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate automatically keeps you protected with the latest databases and access to the latest versions, along with priority technical support.

Enjoy!
:D

Best regards,

-Javacool

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
expanded support for other browsers. excellent!

Kinda disampointed that my Trend Micro allowed to install wireshark ndis driver :((
Any malware can do that, this is no good Trend Micro...
not to keep this off topic, but wireshark isn't a malicious program, so when trend micro recognized this program and allowed it to run it did the right thing.

anyway, hey gandalf, i was curious, i used to use spyblaster, and use the spybot disinfection and umm, what was that program ... host man, or host something, lol, etc back in win7 days. they all seemed to amend the host file to safeguard browsing. to keep it on spyblaster, do you think they do their own research and make their own lists? or just take them from opendns or a malicious adblocker list, or malicious domains list, or something? i suspect that AV browser plugins etc all use those publically available lists (and the paid ones), so i was wondering if this eloquent program (that i always liked) was redundant for someone like me that has a proliferation of browser extensions that warn of dubious urls?

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Provides Protection for the Following Browsers:
  • Internet Explorer
    and any browsers that use the Internet Explorer engine, including:
    • AOL web browser
    • Avant Browser
    • Slim Browser
    • Maxthon (formerly MyIE2)
    • and more
  • Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
  • Brave
  • Vivaldi
  • Netscape
  • Seamonkey
  • Pale Moon
  • K-Meleon

i wonder if it helps other chromium based browsers? i use yandex.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
expanded support for other browsers. excellent!

not to keep this off topic, but wireshark isn't a malicious program, so when trend micro recognized this program and allowed it to run it did the right thing.

anyway, hey gandalf, i was curious, i used to use spyblaster, and use the spybot disinfection and umm, what was that program ... host man, or host something, lol, etc back in Windows 7 days. they all seemed to amend the host file to safeguard browsing. to keep it on spyblaster, do you think they do their own research and make their own lists? or just take them from opendns or a malicious adblocker list, or malicious domains list, or something? i suspect that AV browser plugins etc all use those publically available lists (and the paid ones), so i was wondering if this eloquent program (that i always liked) was redundant for someone like me that has a proliferation of browser extensions that warn of dubious urls?
Yeah, I also used all those programs back in the days.
Nowadays I try, not easy when visiting forums like MT, to keep it simple.
UpToDate system, and programs, good AV, and system hardening.
Browser with adblocker and password manager.
I don't know if they do their own research, that's a good question on their support thread on Wilders (that you have found, I see from the last post):
For me now it supports the browser I use (MS Edge) I use it as browser hardening.
I use O&O ShutUp10 for privacy (also covers Edge), Simple Windows Hardening from @Andy Ful for as the name implies Windows hardening and SpywareBlaster for browser hardening next to uBlock Origin (adblocker).
It seems that MS Outlook uses IE11 for displaying HTML mails, so in that case SywareBlaster also protects MS Outlook in my system.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.