- Full compatibility with other software
    - Blocks tracking cookies
    - Hardenes browser settings
    - Blocks some malicious sites
    - Freeware
CONS
- Requires manual updating unless you are willing to pay
BOTTOM LINE
The good outlays the bad here by far, very good program.
N

Noxx

Thread author
I noticed this program in your config, and it sounds familiar, but I don't think I ever used it. Am I right in saying that it's an old school program? Not saying it's bad, but it's not a recent development? I'm going to try it out and let you all know what I think.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
I noticed this program in your config, and it sounds familiar, but I don't think I ever used it. Am I right in saying that it's an old school program? Not saying it's bad, but it's not a recent development? I'm going to try it out and let you all know what I think.
It has been going for a while but has database updates often and has full support.

Reactions: CySecy825
N

Noxx

Thread author
It appears you're right, but I'm in the program and I don't see any protection options for
Chrome.

Edit: by no variations, you mean this wouldn't work with Slimjet?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    99.7 KB · Views: 626
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
It appears you're right, but I'm in the program and I don't see any protection options for Chrome.
Do you have Chrome installed?

P.S: Update and 'Enable All Protection'.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
I have Flashpeak Slimjet. See my edit. I think it's because I don't use Chrome native.
Yes, it ONLY supports - Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (P.S: Although it may not protect your default browser it is still woth using).

N

Noxx

Thread author
That's okay. I'll boot up Chrome native and I'll edit this post with how it goes.

Edit: zero decrease in browser performance. I'd say it serves its purpose, but I will continue to test it over the next few weeks and see if it's worth keeping. For now, I give it 4 stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly Spywareblaster tool is a least priority for a user since many programs nowadays have better and accurate blocking hence its mainstream tends to use always.

Reactions: Noxx
N

Noxx

Thread author
True enough. What it has going for it is it's light as a feather, and it's not Spybot Search & Destroy, which I thought had an exceptional immunizer back in the day. Maybe it's still decent, but I'm not going to get it just for that feature alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.