spywar's config

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Earth said:
What features of avast do you have installed, and what are non-critical in your opinion? Especially when it comes to your malware testing.
I actually did install the hole program with all of its features. What do you mean by non critical ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Such as Browser Addons, Remote Assistance etc. Or ones you think are not required.

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Earth said:
Such as Browser Addons, Remote Assistance etc. Or ones you think are not required.
All you quoted above plus Soft Updater and the BB which is working in passive mode.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never really asked, but why Vista still?

Z

ZeroDay

I never thought I'd see the day when Spywar dropped CIS. nice config :)

Edit: How would you compare OA's cloud compared to Comodo's?

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Actually I can not run CIS atm..Have some issues with it (I reported all of them yesterday so normally they should get fixed on next update) this is why I installed EAM. OA's cloud is certainly more agressive on malware/adware just watch the tests done by AbdoU..You can also manually check a malware not detected by EAM with their cloud DB using MD5 or SHA1 value : http://www.isthisfilesafe.com/

Z

ZeroDay

Thanks for the info. I was going to try the Emsisoft internet security pack myself, but my current combo is running so smooth that I don't want to remove it.

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
update: CIS is back, (actually, Online Armor free does not support vista 64 bits which is my system. So deleted it as well as EAM.

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Cause I hate using CCE to scan and then upload malware to Comodo. CIS is 10times better as you can query cloud manually from within the progam.

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Malware Maniac said:
Comodo IS great.
For On-Demand Scanners I would recommend (since you're from Comodo)Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, or Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
Extensions I would recommend WOT, Ad-Block
What is your UAC like?

why comodo cleaning essentials while we are using the premium kit????comodo internet security and cleaning essentials have the same virus signatures then what change it will make????

spywar

Level 11
Thread author
Oct 26, 2012
Comodo Cleaning Essentials has stronger removal capatibilities. Actually, Comodo says : "CIS to keep a clean PC clean", "CCE to clean an already infected PC".

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
spywar said:
Comodo Cleaning Essentials has stronger removal capatibilities. Actually, Comodo says : "CIS to keep a clean PC clean", "CCE to clean an already infected PC".

Thank you spywar for the info,but still confused

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does this help? :)

As indicated by it's name, Comodo Cleaning Essentials can be used to clean pre-infected PCs.

If you use Comodo Internet Security, there is little chance you'll require CCE, but it's still offered as an extra download from the Comodo UI.

It's similar to Norton Power Eraser for Norton security products, although you're warned that it may cause FPs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.