SSDownloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
Found this handy little app on another forum.

LINK

Haven't used it yet but looks useful.

Description
SSDownloader or Security Software Downloader is a small, easy to use download manager specially designed for security software.

Features
•Download the most popular free and paid security software with only one click.
•Don't worry about OS or 32bit/64bit, the right version will be automatically downloaded.
•Stay up to date, always newest versions of the software will be downloaded.
•Just choose what you want to download and you will see a notification as soon your downloads finished.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
MetalShaun said:
Found this handy little app on another forum.

LINK

Haven't used it yet but looks useful.

Description
SSDownloader or Security Software Downloader is a small, easy to use download manager specially designed for security software.

Features
•Download the most popular free and paid security software with only one click.
•Don't worry about OS or 32bit/64bit, the right version will be automatically downloaded.
•Stay up to date, always newest versions of the software will be downloaded.
•Just choose what you want to download and you will see a notification as soon your downloads finished.

Anti-Malware Toolkit has been out several years before SSDownloader.

Anti-Malware Toolkit screenshot:
800px-Anti-Malware_Toolkit.png

SSDownloader screenshot:
313yyy.jpg

Both are very similar but may have different program lists to download.
SSDownload has been updated more recently and may have a larger program list.

There are several more tools that do the same thing but I can't recall them now.
These kind of tools can be useful to some users.

Thanks.:D

Z

ZeroDay

Allmyapps and software informer aren't specifically for security software like ss down loader is, In fact I think for allmyapps you have to select from their site which software you want and then download the installer? And isn't software informer more of an update checker?

Neither software are like SS down loader.

MetalShaun

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 3, 2011
interesting, Anti malware toolkit looks pretty good.

EDIT: I think SSDownloader looks better though.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ZeroDay said:
Allmyapps and software informer aren't specifically for security software like ss down loader is, In fact I think for allmyapps you have to select from their site which software you want and then download the installer? And isn't software informer more of an update checker?

Neither software are like SS down loader.

AllMyApps downloads from the vendors sites and has all of the popular security software and more in categories. I installed the program, it checked all of my installed programs on my system then updated them with ease. No you don't select from their site, just install and let it check for updates.
You can choose a wide selection of other programs to download and install from the list on the application. You have to register an free account to download, it runs it the background and checks for new program updates. You can exit from the taskbar icon if you don't want it to run in the background, it also sets itself to start with Windows you can change that on its settings.

I really like it, most others try to get you to buy them to support automatic updates, AllMyApps gives you everything for free. They collect data about your installed programs and share it.

Software Informer downloads programs from their site, they often fall behind on program updates.
But everything else is about the same as AllMyApps.

I believe you were thinking these programs were like Ninite where you select programs from their list and then download the installer.

Good day.:D

Z

ZeroDay

No I ment that neither programme is the same as ss downloader which one uses just to download security apps, not check currently installed software etc.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
image000n.png

Here is a screenshot, offers 307 free security programs to download and auto update. Also can download paid products.

Enjoy!!:D

Z

ZeroDay

I can see 20 pages on the screen shot, are all 20 pages antivirus software? It looks a great piece of software but I think your missing my point entirely. SS downloader just gives you the option to down AV/IS no options to check for updates or download everything and the kitchen sink lol.

I had however confused allmyapps with freeapp so thanks for the screen shot :)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
ZeroDay said:
I can see 20 pages on the screen shot, are all 20 pages antivirus software? It looks a great piece of software but I think your missing my point entirely. SS downloader just gives you the option to down AV/IS no options to check for updates or download everything and the kitchen sink lol.

I had however confused allmyapps with freeapp so thanks for the screen shot :)

That is 20 pages of free security related programs including AV's, firewalls, password managers, encryption, secure delete, anonymous browsing, critical flash player and Java updates, etc.

No I'm not missing the point, SSDownloader is just for security programs but is very limited in choices. Whereas AllMyApps offers a wide selection of security programs plus much more.

If you don't want to use the other features that AllMyApps offers, then there isn't much difference between SSDownloader except limited choices. AllMyApps can be used only to download security products, just ignore the other features.

Thanks.:D

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
All of you shared some great software I didn't even know about till now. I will be taking a look at them all, Especially SSDownloader and AllMyApps. I like that Metro GUI.

I can see SSDownloader to be a small but time saving tool in my tool kit. Cheers.

V

Vextor

I've known about SSDownloader for a while. It's a great piece of kit and I've used it for a while.

AllMyApps is a great piece of kit. It has a brilliant Metro UI (how it should be used) and a great list of programs. However, for my purposes it is too big and takes up a lot of RAM. I also don't like the monitor, because Secunia PSI has the same features, but lighter. SSDownload is great, and I'm already using it so I can always get an updated piece of software for my computer without searching Google for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.