Solved ssp.zryydi.com and Related Malware (Lingering)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstreich

Thread author
Jul 12, 2017
I tried downloading the FRST64 but it will not allow me to run it on my macbook (macOS Sierra.) Both extracting agents would not open the application.

My issue is probably pretty common, the ssp.zryydi.com virus which has bled into other similar popup viruses.

I am constantly getting New Tab popups and none of the steps i have taken have been effective. Malware Bytes detects no issues. I deleted the sketchy looking titles from Library LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons.
No luck.

First if you want to help me figure out why Farbar isn't working I would be glad to start there. Any and all ideas are welcome.

Reactions: Bechamp

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey,
Can you send a system snapshot taken with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac? To do so, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac and choose Take System Snapshot from the Scanner menu. Then, in the window that opens, select all the text (Edit → Select All), copy it and paste into a reply to this message.

Alternately, if you'd prefer not to post that information publicly, send me a direct message.

Bechamp

Oct 5, 2017
Was wondering if this problem has been solved by now. Have the same problem, ssp.fwrdy.com keeps opening up in a new tab every so often. Malware bytes doesn't detect any threats, and there are no files in LaunchAgents or LauchDaemons. Entirely possible that I am missing something minor.
Also on macOS Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.