ssp.zryydi.com and Related Malware (Lingering)

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance For Mac' started by jstreich, Jul 12, 2017.

1. jstreich

jstreich New Member

Jul 12, 2017
    United States
    macOS Sierra
    Malwarebytes
    I tried downloading the FRST64 but it will not allow me to run it on my macbook (macOS Sierra.) Both extracting agents would not open the application.

My issue is probably pretty common, the ssp.zryydi.com virus which has bled into other similar popup viruses.

I am constantly getting New Tab popups and none of the steps i have taken have been effective. Malware Bytes detects no issues. I deleted the sketchy looking titles from Library LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons.
    No luck.

First if you want to help me figure out why Farbar isn't working I would be glad to start there. Any and all ideas are welcome.

Bechamp likes this.
  2. jstreich

jstreich New Member

Jul 12, 2017
    United States
    macOS Sierra
    Malwarebytes
  3. Jack

Jack Administrator
    Staff Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Bucharest
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Hey,
    Can you send a system snapshot taken with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac? To do so, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac and choose Take System Snapshot from the Scanner menu. Then, in the window that opens, select all the text (Edit → Select All), copy it and paste into a reply to this message.

Alternately, if you'd prefer not to post that information publicly, send me a direct message.

_CyberGhosT_ and JM Security like this.
  4. Bechamp

Bechamp New Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Chile
    macOS Sierra
    Was wondering if this problem has been solved by now. Have the same problem, ssp.fwrdy.com keeps opening up in a new tab every so often. Malware bytes doesn't detect any threats, and there are no files in LaunchAgents or LauchDaemons. Entirely possible that I am missing something minor.
    Also on macOS Sierra.