• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
According to the Google F.A.Q, the hardware must not be returned for reimbursement.
Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 15.32.25.png

Other Links:

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
IMO Stadia was basically killed by unethical games journalism. The product worked -- fantastically so. But you had journalists running exposes showing the service stuttering and cutting out and later having to print retractions because it turned out their hardware/networking setups were at fault. The coverage was so bad that the product never took off.

These same publications sing the praises of Nvidia and Microsoft's streaming services, which have either worse performance (microsoft) or require you to limit the amount of time you're allowed to play a game/wait in a que to play (nvidia). The biggest mistake Google made with Stadia was not using their deep pockets to bribe these "journalists" for positive coverage like everyone else in the industry.

Reactions: TedCruz and roger_m

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
View attachment 269685

Other Links:

I just got myself SteamDeck and am dual booting Windows and Linux. I am just afraid that Steam will, can SteamDeck the way Google has canned Stadia. Since both Google and Valve are not known for supporting their hardware.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.