Troubleshoot "Startup Settings Menu

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Startup Settings menu appears during boot process.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Described in post
Hi there-

Following a recent issue with corrupted Windows Updates files the "startup settings" menu appears every time I boot into Windows 10.

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening ?
I have run CHKDSK,
I have made sure that "safe boot" is unticked in System Configurator,
I also tried a few other things I read online...
Now I am out of ideas !

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

1581340273816.png

jetman

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for the reply.

I tried the methods suggested in the above link, but unfortunately they did not work. Any more ideas before I re-install Windows ?

Typing bcdedit /set {current} bootmenupolicy Legacy in the Command Prompt gives the result below (I also tried this using the Command Prompt that can be accessed during the Windows loading sequence).

1581617511939.png

Typing bcdedit /set {current} bootmenupolicy Legacy in Windows Powershell gives the result below

1581617584551.png

Thanks !

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.