Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Mirror Download: Stations by Spotify APKs - APKMirror

Via Spotify is testing a new app that’s just for listening to playlists

Spotify has very quietly released a new standalone app for Android that’s exclusively dedicated to quick, easy playlist and station listening. The app is called Stations, and Spotify describes it as “the easiest way to listen to the music you love. Totally free.” Stations is also an “experiment,” according to the company.

Stations is listed in the Google Play Store, but as of late Tuesday evening (when Variety noted its debut), the app wasn’t yet compatible with mobile devices in the United States and many other countries. For now, it’s only available in Australia.

We haven’t used it yet, but the app’s design makes clear that Stations is designed to reduce the steps and taps necessary to get to your music. Spotify says that Stations starts playing as soon as it’s opened, and all playlists are displayed in a large font. You switch between them by scrolling; Spotify specifically calls out that no typing or searching is necessary to use Stations. Yes, free users will get ads, and it seems that no one — even Premium subscribers — can skip tracks when using Stations.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
@Transhumana I can't believe it's still unavailable here. They said that they're coming long time ago (back in 2012.)... :(

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion, it crossed my mind couple of times to use it that way but somehow I haven't done it yet.
One more reason for me to finally get that OpenVPN on my linux laptop. :)
I actually have an account created with the VPN long time ago and, you can listen to music without VPN through the web browser. However, if you're planning to use desktop and mobile app, you'll have to sign in every 14 days through VPN on free plan. It's really annoying because sometimes it won't let you sign in even if you use VPN, I don't know why.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.