SteamVR Performance Test - Can your PC run VR?

Can your PC run VR?

• No

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
SteamVR by Valve (SteamVR Performance Test on Steam)

"The SteamVR Performance Test measures your system's rendering power using a 2-minute sequence from Valves Aperture Robot Repair VR demo. After collecting the data it determines whether your system is capable of running VR content at 90fps and whether VR content can tune the visual fidelity up to the recommended level. For machines that are not VR Ready the tool can help determine whether capabilities are bound by Graphics Card, CPU, or both."

Recommended:
  • Processor: Intel® i5-4590 / AMD FX 8350 equivalent or greater
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970 / AMD Radeon™ R9 290 equivalent or greater

kGYVCja.jpg

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Why is the software so big ?

I'd imagine it downloads portions of games to test against just like some stress tests.

As for my results... well I don't need to download this to know my computer can't do it. CPU should handle it well but GPU is entry level card. I will get better computer in the future but personally, I have no interest in VR. Call me old school I guess... I mean VR is hundreds of dollars I could spend on a better computer.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
How can I get Steam VR to test with my Nvidia GPU instead of Intel HD? I have added the VR.exe from the Nvidia Control Panel for Nvidia, t but no luck. Thanks.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Yes it can, I know that without using the performance test, but I doubt that it will run smooth with the details and at a resolution that pleases me.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
How can I get Steam VR to test with my Nvidia GPU instead of Intel HD? I have added the VR.exe from the Nvidia Control Panel for Nvidia, t but no luck. Thanks.
Yours a optimus based laptop? Uhm... if you're on desktop you must connect your monitor/TV to nvidia display output ports either DVI-D, HDMI or DP. Which model of Nvidia GPU are you using?

Reactions: plat

lisamona

Apr 23, 2018
A very interesting option, and what is the percentage of measurement accuracy? Is it possible that he is highly misrepresented?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I have OK, mid-tier specifications, here is the result. The pc monitor is attached to gpu via HDMI cable and the gpu is identified correctly in device manager. Was this issue ever resolved? Is anyone using a VR setup right now?

steam vr ready.PNG

Reactions: upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.