64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Windows Defender Firewall
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    F-Secure SAFE Antivirus (17.215 Build 129) and Sandboxie
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • No security settings changes
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Emsisoft EK and WD on demand, ZAM Free
    Browsers and Extensions
    Chrome, uBlock Origin
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    uBlock Origin
    Password Managers
  • None
  • Web Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • System Utilities
    Wise Care 365 Free, O&O Shutup
    Data Backup
    USB HDD
    Frequency of Data backups
    Weekly
    System Backup
    Macrium Reflect
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally

harlan4096

Level 63
    Verified
    Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    @stepseven84 : please kindly consider:
    • Please specify the exact version of security product (F-Secure).
    • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free.
    • As for "Web Privacy", You may add a VPN service.
    • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also. If You don't like cloud/online password You may use KeePass.
    • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
    Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:

stepseven84

Level 7
    Verified
    @stepseven84 : please kindly consider:
    • Please specify the exact version of security product (F-Secure).
    • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: ZAM Free.
    • As for "Web Privacy", You may add a VPN service.
    • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also. If You don't like cloud/online password You may use KeePass.
    • Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here.
    Thanks for sharing Your config :giggle:
    Thanks for the suggestions harlan, I have F-Secure SAFE antivirus latest version (just updated). I like ZAM but I would want to see a new version soon; I saw on the website the latest version is of last year.
    Thinking about adding a paid VPN like Cyberghost or Windscribe.
    I will look for a password manager (not too complicated for me :D)

Quassar

Level 12
    Verified
    Just preffer put some SRP and sit on user account instead of admin account...
    I see you use also Sandboxie as me i can offer you use this tips ssj100's Security Setup
    which help you a bit hardering your sandboxie containers.

Tools which you can like
    osarmor and Syshardener
    you can use yet use OO ShutpUP10 for disable easy most telemetry and onther not necressary function.
    or use this guide Windows 10 Privacy Guide - Spring Creators Update but be carefull can harm your system better do backup before you start pratice it.

stepseven84

Level 7
    Verified
    Just preffer put some SRP and sit on user account instead of admin account...
    I see you use also Sandboxie as me i can offer you use this tips ssj100's Security Setup
    which help you a bit hardering your sandboxie containers.

Tools which you can like
    osarmor and Syshardener
    you can use yet use OO ShutpUP10 for disable easy most telemetry and onther not necressary function.
    or use this guide Windows 10 Privacy Guide - Spring Creators Update but be carefull can harm your system better do backup before you start pratice it.
    Thank you Quassar for your advice and for the link, really useful for me.

Reactions: oldschool

Quassar

Level 12
    Verified
    Cuz mostly ppl something miss or bad placed it and you need be sure dont delete fuction which you use/need
    becasue this guide totaly punish this bloatware and unable to restor it in future.... only rollback from backup help ^^

Any way before any action everthing its detailed wrote so you will know what you delete step by step.
    So if you need ex calendar/calculator you can skip script for delete it :D
    I used almost all script from fdosa and my system since year still work good..
    But i guess is casue of job Shadow Defende casue hold my system all time fresh by 24/7 and rly rare time shut down it.
    I have some deep exclusion for security software so i can hold them update with out turn SD and dont take risk for uncreasy changes in system which i dont wanna :D

Raiden

Level 13
    Verified
    Content Creator
    Hi @stepseven84

You have a very good setup! As others have already said you have all your bases covered, there's no need to go add things your aren't comfortable with (y) As long as you practice safe surfing habits you will be safe. Keep in mind practicing unsafe habits, will get you infected no matter what program/setup you use.

Ok guys, some tips are too complicated for me but I added O&O Shutup to mitigate telemetry and useless stuff.
    Great software, I see that it has a rollback function, but for greater peace of mind, I made a system image using Macrium.
    However, no problem so far (y)
    PS: fellow members, I'm not trying to be preachy or anything, but just wanted to highlight a very important line from the OP. When making suggestions please try to keep in mind that not everyone may be able to do what you are suggesting, nor even need it, as it may cause unnecessary confusion and be too overwhelming to them. @stepseven84 this is not directed at you at all, please do not feel like you are stupid or anything because you aren't. There are some concepts that can get very technical and many can get lost very easily. As I mentioned above, you are covered very well, don't feel pressured into adding/changing things you aren't conformable with. There's tons of great info here don't be shy to learn and ask questions :)

stepseven84

Level 7
    Verified
    Thanks @Raiden!
    You guys are very helpful and I like to experiment but I don't have the necessary technical background so I hope to learn something more here, indeed there is a lot of knowledge and willingness in sharing it and this is very important :)