giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
i'm using windows 10 pro 64bit winver 1511.10586.589
jvUFtVa.png

i have updated to anniversary update and to the last update , after i restored an image and i'm back to 1511.10586.589 , just because i have bought and i'm paying for some software that crashes or even don't start with the last version

may i ask you ?
about my windows 10 built ,is there a security hole ? serious exposure to malware?

i keep eset updated and i use mostly firefox and chrome updated , vlc for video , media monkey for music and picture irfanview and pdf sumatra

thanks

Reactions: DardiM

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Actually Anniversary Update is more secure than build 1511.

Credential Guard and Device Guard
Isolated User Mode is now included with Hyper-V so you don't have to install it separately.

Windows Hello for Business
When Windows 10 first shipped, it included Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello, which worked together to provide multi-factor authentication. To simplify deployment and improve supportability, Microsoft has combined these technologies into a single solution under the Windows Hello name in Windows 10, version 1607. Customers who have already deployed Microsoft Passport for Work will not experience any change in functionality. Customers who have yet to evaluate Windows Hello will find it easier to deploy due to simplified policies, documentation, and semantics.

Additional changes for Windows Hello in Windows 10, version 1607:
  • Personal (Microsoft account) and corporate (Active Directory or Azure AD) accounts use a single container for keys.
  • Group Policy settings for managing Windows Hello for Business are now available for both User Configuration and Computer Configuration.
  • Beginning in version 1607, Windows Hello as a convenience PIN is disabled by default on all domain-joined computers. To enable a convenience PIN for Windows 10, version 1607, enable the Group Policy setting Turn on convenience PIN sign-in.
Learn more about Windows Hello for Business.

VPN
  • The VPN client can integrate with the Conditional Access Framework, a cloud-pased policy engine built into Azure Active Directory, to provide a device compliance option for remote clients.
  • The VPN client can integrate with Windows Information Protection (WIP) policy to provide additional security. Learn more about Windows Information Protection, previously known as Enterprise Data Protection.
  • New VPNv2 configuration service provider (CSP) adds configuration settings. For details, see What's new in MDM enrollment and management
  • Microsoft Intune: VPN Profile (Windows 10 Desktop and Mobile and later) policy template includes support for native VPN plug-ins.
Windows Information Protection (WIP), formerly known as enterprise data protection (EDP)
With the increase of employee-owned devices in the enterprise, there’s also an increasing risk of accidental data leak through apps and services, like email, social media, and the public cloud, which are outside of the enterprise’s control. For example, when an employee sends the latest engineering pictures from their personal email account, copies and pastes product info into a tweet, or saves an in-progress sales report to their public cloud storage.

Windows Information Protection (WIP) helps to protect against this potential data leakage without otherwise interfering with the employee experience. WIP also helps to protect enterprise apps and data against accidental data leak on enterprise-owned devices and personal devices that employees bring to work without requiring changes to your environment or other apps.
Learn more about Windows Information Protection (WIP)

Windows Defender
Several new features and management options have been added to Windows Defender in Windows 10, version 1607.
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
With the growing threat from more sophisticated targeted attacks, a new security solution is imperative in securing an increasingly complex network ecosystem. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (Windows Defender ATP) is a security service, built into Windows 10 that enables enterprise customers detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats on their networks.

Learn more about Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP).

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Actually Anniversary Update is more secure than build 1511.
hi
i know it , but i found slower then my version , my problem is that software i'm paying for them , don't work correctly
they do crash very often , just give a look to the adobe froum , it's a real nightmare

but is there some information about my built?
thanks

Reactions: tim one
W

Wave

may i ask you ?
about my windows 10 built ,is there a security hole ? serious exposure to malware?
Just because software happens to crash after the update doesn't automatically mean that there is a serious security flaw/more exposure to malicious software, in most cases it just means the software you are using is either not fully compatible with the latest build yet or has a bug which is causing a problem (e.g. crash).

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
What software are you using that is crashing constantly on Anniversary Update?
photoshop 2017 last version , lightroom 6.7 cc last version and bridge cc again last version

Just because software happens to crash after the update doesn't automatically mean that there is a serious security flaw/more exposure to malicious software, in most cases it just means the software you are using is either not fully compatible with the latest build yet or has a bug which is causing a problem (e.g. crash).
hi Wave , no i'm talking about my actual version of windows 10 "1511.10586.589"

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
photoshop 2017 last version , lightroom 6.7 cc last version and bridge cc again last version
Did you try upgrading to Anniversary Update and update it to the latest build and also install all updates for all Adobe products and all latest C++ Redistributable Packages? If that combination doesn't work, then the last thing you can try is to de-activate and uninstall all Adobe products and packages, then upgrade, clean temporaries and try to install and re-activate Photoshop and Lightroom

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Did you try upgrading to Anniversary Update and update it to the latest build and also install all updates for all Adobe products and all latest C++ Redistributable Packages? If that combination doesn't work, then the last thing you can try is to de-activate and uninstall all Adobe products and packages, then upgrade, clean temporaries and try to install and re-activate Photoshop and Lightroom
hi
yes , i do , i have re-installed photoshop cc 2017 with the last update , it crashes often
but i see there are so many users that have the same issues
but about my windows 10 built , is there some info about serious secuity flaws or holes?
seeing i stopped to update w10 , i know it's not a great dial stopping updating but ..
thanks

giulia

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
hi
and i can't understand why with anniversary update ,windows enable super prefetch even if you have on your machine 1 or 2 ssd only

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.