NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi I have been enjoying listening to many of the Security Videos on

http://chalktalks.sourcefire.com/library/

Many are an Overview and I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to understand more in the Security field , They are not to tricky to understand and are broken down to roughly 7 minute sections

If you haven't seen any before I highly recommend them.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Thanks for the share. I'm currently working on my own series of videos explaining security concepts, so it has given me some ideas of what to do and what not to do. I like the relaxed style of the videos in particular :)

Reactions: NZRADAR and marg

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks for the share. I'm currently working on my own series of videos explaining security concepts, so it has given me some ideas of what to do and what not to do. I like the relaxed style of the videos in particular :)
Yip the way the guy speaks makes me feel spoken to not spoken at. I wish I had his understanding , I gained some good nuggets of how things work in the Security Field and makes me want to learn more. Amongst the videos I enjoyed learning about the DoS attacks that use open resolvers. I'm not sure that I got the right picture but I'm left wondering just how resilient DNS is /amplification attacks poisoning etc.
I mean is UDP inherently vulnerable protocol for the bulk of dns requests. I'm still learning about DNS I find it very interesting.

http://blogs.verisigninc.com/blog/entry/the_evolving_threat_of_amplification

I glad you liked his style, I look forward to your series. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowpipe

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Ah, now that is worthy of a thread all on it's own :) I'll see if i can dig out a nice link for you or if i can put together a nice explanation to your question, a little tired at the moment :rolleyes: If i forget, feel free to remind me ;)

Reactions: NZRADAR

NZRADAR

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Ah, now that is worthy of a thread all on it's own :) I'll see if i can dig out a nice link for you or if i can put together a nice explanation to your question, a little tired at the moment :rolleyes: If i forget, feel free to remind me ;)
Thanks Cowpipe, that would be great, no pressure though, I see you are very active on the forum, so all in your own time. :)

Reactions: Cowpipe

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.