Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Hope this is in the right place, I noticed the term "General" so I think this fits.
@hjlbx
Have you ever seen this ? The one circled in yellow.
I cant seem to find this in google with any depth related to its definition.
Is it a branch of or related to Telemetry ?
I pay attention to my results and have never noticed this in the results ever.
I just re-added Ccleaner for the first time in a few months, it has
not been showing up in Kerish Dr. either and "to my knowledge" this is the first time it
has appeared in Ccleaner Pro.
Thanks for your feedback brother.
CC_SS_10032016.png

Last edited:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
"SRU Monitoring Traces may store excess, temporary data on your computer that can take up valuable space. It may also store private data such as passwords or browsing history in the registry or on the file system"
It just seems CCleaner now takes into account this part

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

Windows SRU = Windows System Resource Usage monitoring.

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\sru. In it you will find *.dat, *.log, *.dll, *.jrs, *.chk, *.jfm

Open *.log. You will see data is encrypted...

Piriform did it on purpose just to mess with your mind...

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
SRU Monitoring Traces may store excess, temporary data on your computer that can take up valuable space. It may also store private data such as passwords or browsing history in the registry or on the file system
It just seems CCleaner now takes into account this part
Hi lil buddy, good to see you again.
I cant see that, I use the dark theme so that blue is blending and blury as hell, just a FYI :)

H

hjlbx

Hi lil buddy, good to see you again.
I cant see that, I use the dark theme so that blue is blending and blury as hell, just a FYI :)

SRU Monitoring Traces may store excess, temporary data on your computer that can take up valuable space. It may also store private data such as passwords or browsing history in the registry or on the file system

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Windows SRU = Windows System Resource Usage monitoring.

Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\sru. In it you will find *.dat, *.log, *.dll, *.jrs, *.chk, *.jfm

Open *.log. You will see data is encrypted...

Piriform did it on purpose just to mess with your mind...
Ok, and before I cleaned it was nearly 1gig in size so I think Kerish cant see that file or location.
I hit the brakes and re-scanned hoping it would reappear in the results and it did, but as you can see it was 3 hundred something kb in size
and the time between running and re-scanning was at most 1 min, so it grows fast.
I will keep an eye on it Thanks hjlbx ;)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I am thinking about using Lasso to kill that what do you think ?
Good idea of no ?

Reactions: Logethica

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
In that case you'll have to kill svchost.exe...
I know better than that. I tried that a very long time a go and it was not pretty. There are some SVC host it is safe to block from the web
but it is a chore to check each SVC, if it is gathering that much data I am going to at least block it from web access.

Reactions: DardiM
H

hjlbx

The infos store in C:\Windows\System32\sru is displayed in various graphs within Windows. For example, All Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage.

Leave it alone unless it is obviously causing a problem...

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
The infos store in C:\Windows\System32\sru is displayed in various graphs within Windows. For example, All Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage.

Leave it alone unless it is obviously causing a problem...
Will do, Thank You :)

Reactions: DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.