Advice Request Strange folder in windows temp folder.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Frogish

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2022
In my windows temp folder I have a folder named 22cd953f-a474-4d9a-b063-34603ac0cd7e that contains a windows folder and within that folder system32 among some others. I noticed this when i tried to delete everything in the windows temp folder but was prompted that i couldnt delete certain files. The normal windows folder and system32 folder are in their right place. Why does my windows temp folder contain system files ? I would appreciate any help/answer with this. Im running windows 1110.0.22621 N/A Build 22621

Frogish

Level 1
Thread author
May 3, 2022
i checked if it was ok to delete files from temp folder but i might be misstaken.
Either use Windows File Cleanup (Right-click > Run as admin) or Storage Sense to delete temp files from Windows.

Never attempt to manually delete files and folders outside of user data locations, or that you do not understand.
Ill be sure to never try to manually delete files from that folder again. I checked online and after a quick google it was my understanding that deleting files in the temp folder was ok. My misstake..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.