Streaming Torrents with Popcorn time can cause any risk?

David Hennery

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 18, 2017
I have been using Popcorn since a while now, but after going through the web my major concerns are on how to torrent and use Popcorn which is based on BitTorrent client safely and anonymously. I have been using Popcorn time on my android and Mac, so I need a much secure VPN and antivirus for my need, IDK whether I should trust the free VPN service provided with it, any suggestions for a VPN and antivirus which can ensure my security and privacy

Reactions: L S and Syafiq

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
I have been using Popcorn since a while now, but after going through the web my major concerns are on how to torrent and use Popcorn which is based on BitTorrent client safely and anonymously. I have been using Popcorn time on my android and Mac, so I need a much secure VPN and antivirus for my need, IDK whether I should trust the free VPN service provided with it, any suggestions for a VPN and antivirus which can ensure my security and privacy
AirVPN and Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I use Cyberghost or Kaspersky's inbuilt vpn (Hotspot shield).
This is also very good:
NordVPN
Of course to get premium service from them you must pay!!

Reactions: L S

Jake Miguel

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2016
For anti-virus I'd say Eset for VPNs, there are many that are actually very good, like PureVPN, Nord VPN, Express (a bit overpriced though)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.