Study suggests Internet Trolls may not be very nice or particularly mentally healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
"A new study from the University of Manitoba has shockingly claimed to have found that the Internet trolls we all know or love so well may not be very nice -- or particularly mentally healthy -- individuals in real life. The study tried to explore whether or not Internet trolls fell into the so called Dark Tetrad: Machiavellianism (willingness to manipulate and deceive others), narcissism (egotism and self-obsession), psychopathy (the lack of remorse and empathy), and sadism (pleasure in the suffering of others). The study (mostly survey, really) claims to have found:"

More

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
"...and WHO might that be trip-trapping over my bridge!?":mad: said the Troll.
:eek:"Ba-a-a-a-a...!! It is 'I' the littlest Billy Goat Gruff, but I warn you,
you'd best watch out for my :rolleyes:Big Brother Goats whom are all watching out for me at malwaretips.com!:p

eowyn

Level 2
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
what exactly is an internet troll?..is that the ppl who place rootkits, viruses, malware or attach one's accounts so they basically can see/stalk all you do?...{{ i have accounts that are attached by someone, with three different names, that only show's me a part of the name & then *** things...now i don't even go to those accounts, and i had them for years..is that what a troll is/does? }}...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

what exactly is an internet troll?..is that the ppl who place rootkits, viruses, malware or attach one's accounts so they basically can see/stalk all you do?...

not exactly, "trolls" are people that keep flaming a particular thread after every other members show them with proves that they were wrong; when they get no more points to oppose they start insulting you or saying things like:

"ummmm...i have 10 years of experience in that field , i am older than you, so i know better than you , idiot newcomer" :D

btw, if a troll appears here you will see my most famous gif very well know here on MT ^^

eowyn

Level 2
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
not exactly, "trolls" are people that keep flaming a particular thread after every other members show them with proves that they were wrong; when they get no more points to oppose they start insulting you or saying things like:

"ummmm...i have 10 years of experience in that field , i am older than you, so i know better than you , idiot newcomer" :D

btw, if a troll appears here you will see my most famous gif very well know here on MT ^^

ohh..kk..ty...learning & so i ask questions that may seem 'duh' to others...:oops:.. {{ i do feel silly asking, but if i don't ask, i won't learn, right? }}

Last edited:

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012

You think you know everything about trolls, no you don't 'cause I know. I'm much much older than you, may be 100 years and you think you know everything, idiot old commer. This site is nothing, I can create a site thats 100 times better than this site and has 1000s of more members. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just trolling :p

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
what exactly is an internet troll?..is that the ppl who place rootkits, viruses, malware or attach one's accounts so they basically can see/stalk all you do?...{{ i have accounts that are attached by someone, with three different names, that only show's me a part of the name & then *** things...now i don't even go to those accounts, and i had them for years..is that what a troll is/does? }}...

Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

This is what Umbra does to trolls on MT::p
rambo.gif

D

Deleted member 178

You think you know everything about trolls, no you don't 'cause I know. I'm much much older than you, may be 100 years and you think you know everything, idiot old commer. This site is nothing, I can create a site thats 100 times better than this site and has 1000s of more members. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just trolling :p

There my famous gif for people trolling :

kfgk8v0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.