Study suggests Internet Trolls may not be very nice or particularly mentally healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
This is what Umbra does to trolls on MT::p
rambo.gif

come'n johnny, you're too young to handle papa jog's toys.

Reactions: eowyn and Venustus

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
attach one's accounts so they basically can see/stalk all you do?...{{ i have accounts that are attached by someone, with three different names, that only show's me a part of the name & then *** things...now i don't even go to those accounts, and i had them for years..is that what a troll is/does? }}...
what do you mean, accounts attached by someone?

eowyn

Level 2
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
what do you mean, accounts attached by someone?

just meant attached, like if you add an account to yours, etc..mine was attached by three accounts unknown to me, by one person...

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Wikipedia said:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,A extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

They didn't really need a study to figure this out just Google and Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

eowyn

Level 2
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
what exact accounts is it?

i don't want to, ((is it called 'hijack'?)), this string (( am trying not to break any rules..i am not sure how to start a new string to discuss this, so i am answering in a msg..i figured out how to do that, i think))..lol..

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
i don't want to, ((is it called 'hijack'?)), this string (( am trying not to break any rules..i am not sure how to start a new string to discuss this, so i am answering in a msg..i figured out how to do that, i think))..lol..
Fortunately, more often than not, the gods of MalwareTips grant leniency to their loyal followers:p...from high atop mount MT!:D Your contributions to venustus' news post made for some interesting, & very laughable reading!;) I've just learned what a Troll is too!:cool:
When you'd like to begin a new post, a good place to start your quest, oh noble eowin, is to climb ^ Mount Doom (up to the top of the page & to the left). Just <click> on forums, and it will be like opening a fun encyclopedia!:D

Last edited:

Jcwisgod

Level 2
Verified
Dec 4, 2013
Mk checking it rn

Reactions: eowyn

eowyn

Level 2
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Fortunately, more often than not, the gods of MalwareTips grant leniency to their loyal followers:p...from high atop mount MT!:D Your contributions to venustus' news post made for some interesting, & very laughable reading!;) I've just learned what a Troll is too!:cool:
When you'd like to begin a new post, a good place to start your quest, oh noble eowin, is to climb ^ Mount Doom (up to the top of the page & to the left). Just <click> on forums, and it will be like opening a fun encyclopedia!:D

..TY Cats!:).. (( your post made me laugh:cool:** a bunch**:p:D**)), but you helped me learn/relearn again ** u rock emote **.. & as you all know, i def do not want to upset the GODS **:eek:** , for real!..i dislike getting in trouble! **:eek::(** (( GODS listening, i am trying to behave **:rolleyes: **..no, seriously, i really am!! )) ** heart emote ** :) ** hides in wake of wrath that may be comin' **:oops:

eowyn

Level 2
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
p.s.... read the whole article...** smacks self for not reading it b4 first commenting upon and sucho_O...**

if a person is called a 'troll', because they read things, and do not comment at times, that is not what i would think one should consider a 'troll' (( my opinion, i understand))..if a 'troll' is one who is a creepy stalker thing, ((that is what i thought a 'troll' was )) >> what does one do to protect one's self from such a person <<..(( am asking about, on the topic, so i think i am following the rules, GODS..if i am wrong, please let me know..* w/ total sincerity, am asking, as i heart the GODS**))..:)**heart & ty emote **

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.