Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I feel that the "wish" will be use for the "paid" versions and the free will be left out. If they will do something with the free version then maybe I will switch from Avast (I am still waiting for the Beta 2 so I can install and use)

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

Thread author
I feel that the "wish" will be use for the "paid" versions and the free will be left out. If they will do something with the free version then maybe I will switch from Avast (I am still waiting for the Beta 2 so I can install and use)
We all knew this :( It looks like it will be

Y

yigido

Thread author
Two hours update for Free users is accepted and it is in the review now.
İdea link
LaG8aRL.png
Guys, great news :)
Avira accepted 2 hours update for their Free Antivirus, too.
You can see this HERE. It is in the changelog.

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
So many files want Internet Access... my wish is for Avira to cut it out already!

C:\program files (x86)\avira\my avira\avira.oe.systray.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\ipmgui.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avconfig.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avcenter.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\my avira\avira.oe.servicehost.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\update.exe
C:\program files (x86)\avira\antivir desktop\avguard.exe

I can understand 6 and 7 wanting Internet Access... and it isn't to a proper server, or a dedicated Avira exit node... it's to friggin' Akamai. UGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.