Advice Request Substitute for Malwarebytes Premium

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
My Malware-byte Anti malware subscription has few days left and this time I intended to move another On-demand AV. Please suggest me which security software is suit for me..

Here is my Pc Config

OS- Win7 pro (64bit)
Ram- 4gb
Core2Duo
Cpu- E7500 2.93ghz

Av: ESet Smart security9 with Zamana Keylooger

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
If you're looking for a on demand scanner then you can still use MBAM in free mode in which you can still scan and remove malware.
The only funcionality you'll loose is realtime protection.

A

Alkajak

MBAM has fallen in quality anyway. I've got a year's license and I don't even have it installed anymore. Grab yourself Zemana AntiMalware (Free or Premium) and Emsisoft Emergency Kit. You will not be disappointed. You've already got Zemana AntiLogger, so you know their products are good.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
MBAM has fallen in quality anyway. I've got a year's license and I don't even have it installed anymore. Grab yourself Zemana AntiMalware (Free or Premium) and Emsisoft Emergency Kit. You will not be disappointed. You've already got Zemana AntiLogger, so you know their products are good.

How has MBAM fallen in quality? I seem to have just as much usefulness as I have had these many years with it. Why have you stopped using it when you should make the most out of the license.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
How has MBAM fallen in quality? I seem to have just as much usefulness as I have had these many years with it. Why have you stopped using it when you should make the most out of the license.
I think that @Alkajak refers to the last few comparsion test between HMP, ZAM and MBAM where MBAM scored ...well... quite poor...

Reactions: Noxx and Alkajak
A

Alkajak

I think that @Alkajak refers to the last few comparsion test between HMP, ZAM and MBAM where MBAM scored ...well... quite poor...

I am talking about the past few years, not just the past few tests. Ever since MBAM boxed up their product and started selling it at retail stores, it's been pretty downhill from them. Their marketing is great and their design is improving, all while their overall product itself deteriorates. I have yet to see MBAM detect malware that Zemana AM can't.

With that said, the product key will remain inactive as both ZAM and EEK (and even HitmanPro) are all better options right now.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Ever since MBAM boxed up their product and started selling it at retail stores, it's been pretty downhill from them. Their marketing is great and their design is improving, all while their overall product itself deteriorates.
And that's quite strange, because rising sales equals more money and more money should create more opportunities for growth...
I am still wondering why they couldn't develop cloud based product just like HMP or ZAM?

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I have used Malwarebytes Premium for about years 8 years having bought a lifetime license. The last 2 years I have not used its real-time protection, over the years the real-time has only blocked a suspicious website here and there, that's all. Now I just use it for on-demand scanning, so to me, there is no advantage of using Premium over free. I say stick with MBAM Free, because it's FREE, also Zemana AntiMalware Free or Pro, HitmanPro, and Emsisoft Emergency Kit as mentioned by others are all good products.

Predrag Radjenovic

Level 2
Verified
Apr 16, 2016
And that's quite strange, because rising sales equals more money and more money should create more opportunities for growth...
I am still wondering why they couldn't develop cloud based product just like HMP or ZAM?
Well, in an ideal world, yes. As for the cloud - I think that HMP and Zemana are products which were designed for the cloud since early stages of development, if not even from the beginning. MBAM is a much older product, relatively recently made commercial, and at this point it would be much more expensive to develop a cloud that's at least comparable (not to mention better) to the competing products. Making it profitable makes this even harder endeavor. Sadly, I think this is an excellent example of miscalculation.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Based on my daily activities I have been fine. Malwarebytes tries to detect the newest threats outthere and doesn't go for older ones like HMP or Zemana.. Just thinking out loud. :)

Reactions: enaph

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
And don't forget that HMP is free as a scanner and only when you want to remove threats then you need to activate trial license and after the trial period you will have to pay for a new license or you'll need to remove HMP :rolleyes:

Reactions: DJ Panda and Kate_L

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Well, in an ideal world, yes. As for the cloud - I think that HMP and Zemana are products which were designed for the cloud since early stages of development, if not even from the beginning. MBAM is a much older product, relatively recently made commercial, and at this point it would be much more expensive to develop a cloud that's at least comparable (not to mention better) to the competing products. Making it profitable makes this even harder endeavor. Sadly, I think this is an excellent example of miscalculation.
You're right - ZAM or HMP are designed as cloud based tools but why Malwarebytes devs cannot redesign their product?
The market is slightly different than few years ago and vendors need to follow those changes or they will loose customers. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.