Status
Not open for further replies.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Windows XP stopped receiving security updates in 2014 which makes your system susceptible to countless exploitable vulnerabilities. Seriously consider upgrading your OS to at least Windows 7 (preferably Windows 10).

Reactions: Rengar

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Windows XP is incredible vulnerable, at least consider a strong default-deny solution like Voodoshield.
And come on, update to Windows 10. The good old times don't last forever, and new Windows versions have so many advantages that you possibly never imagined if you have low contact with them.

Reactions: Rengar

Suetonius

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 22, 2011
Hi, I have more than one computer. new computers new OS. But my old computer from 2001 runs perfectly with Window XP. Every month I get updates until 2019. I have updated all software and never had an infection. My partition has been installed in 2004 (never a new install) and has been maintained by me continously. A new OS on that old machine can't be installed and does not make any sense. The advantage over new OS is I am the administrator and I mean a real administrator. I can do what I want to do. By the way Windows 7 is a very good system and will be installed on my new computer. Anyway thanks for your replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would update your OS then you will have a secure config!
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: JM Safe

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Yes, I remember the good XP, light, fast and stable, without unnecessary frills.
Unfortunately, as others said, it is extremely vulnerable even if, the fact you have no recent infections, is a sign of a good security setup and common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.