Suggest browser plug-in for streaming video/audio download

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
i am using IDM for downloading streaming video/audio in windows. But trying linux distributions for some weeks. No IDM in linux :( .

So how to download streaming video/audio in linux?? Some good browser add-on is available. But have no idea, which one is good enough, please suggest some. If some browser is available for linux which has build-in support for downloading streaming video, also tell me that. i read Slimboat browser linux has inbuilt streaming video downloader, but dont have any experience with that one. More suggestion is very welcome...
Thanx

Last edited:

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
surely, i will try Download Helper in linux, thanx...
any other options available??

BTW, is there some alternative of WordWeb in Linux?? I know that some distro's coming with online dictionary, but i need offline dictionary........

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
surely, i will try Download Helper in linux, thanx...
any other options available??

BTW, is there some alternative of WordWeb in Linux?? I know that some distro's coming with online dictionary, but i need offline dictionary........
I'm sorry i'm not educated enough about linux softwares, but still i will try to help u, u can compare some products here and choose wisely..
link: http://alternativeto.net/software/wordweb/

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Didn't know that Maxthon has a linux version, BTW, heard that it is getting too bloating nowadays.

Stubbornest

Level 1
Verified
Jan 3, 2014
I use GetGo Download Manager. Probably not the best, but it works every time on YT for me.

But I'm going to run some tests with EagleGet soon, as suggested earlier.
Thanks for the tip RCB9.

D

Deleted member 178

i told you it was nice , i never shift from renowned softwares if i don't find a better one ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.