Suggest lightest KDE distro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
I am new to linux. I like to install a light, stable KDE distro. Rolling distro will be great option. Please suggest some.
I know about some of the below mentioned KDE distro, tested some, but didn't felt any difference about lightness. :-(
Netrunner Rolling
KaOS
Kubuntu
Mint KDE
SolydK

I

illumination

OP has already tested Mint KDE according to his list in the original post. He is looking for a light, stable, preferably rolling release distro.

Reactions: tapoo

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Mint KDE is good, but any other KDE, stable distro, preferably rolling facility available ? ...

Last edited:

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
KDE is quite heavy anyway, and it won't be as smooth on machines with weaker specifications. Why not try a distro with a lighter Desktop Environment? I know that XFCE (Xubuntu) or LXDE (Lubuntu) don't look as good, but they are lighter than KDE.

You can also check this thread on UbuntuForums for optimizing KDE: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1889034

NOTE: Some of those steps resulted in damaging my KDE. I have always skipped step 2 for being the cause of that issue, and I never tried step 3.

Good luck! :D

Reactions: tapoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.