Suggested Security Software Tab.

Want this idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

K__M

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Not sure how to say this well, you have some cool tabs at the top of the forum. Example: 'Tutoials', Forums...

Well how about a tab that says 'Suggested Security Software' or something similar ;)

I think it would be great!, i know there way be places simalir to it in around the forums, but just a big tab for it that gathers antiviruses, internet security suites, antimalware, etc..

Like sub-forums or something?

Let me know what you think please, thanks.

D

Deleted member 178

generally we give the advice for every members who post their config, but your idea is interesting, it will avoid us to repeat the same thing everytime.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
You mean like a list of recommended security software? I think there's already something like that on here, but I don't think a tab is really needed all that much. If there isn't such a list here, I'm sure someone (or me) will make it.

K__M

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Oh well i have not found one yet. But that would be fine if it was not a tab and listed somewhere as a sticky at least?

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
If mods decided to sticky it then sure, I'll actually make one if I can't find it :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well on that suggestion its look I remember in other forum (RM) to post recommended software to use, its a good idea for that it will be mark as "Important Thread".

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. :huh:

Could you explain or give an example.

K__M

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
stormgtr said:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. :huh:

Could you explain or give an example.

Sure,

One way is:

Sticky thread (important thread) etc... So it is viable by all and is recommended.

It would go well with this Forum because it is a Malware tips forum :)

Maybe make a thread with differnet catagorys, like this:

Anti-Malware Software:
- MalwareBytes
- name
- name
- etc...

Anti-Virus Software: (Maybe even put free in the title, depending on how many categorys are best)
- Avast Free
- Avira
- Commando
- etc...

Anti-Virus Suites (Internet Security Suites)
- Avast IS
- Commando IS
- Avira Premium Security Suite
- etc...

Anti-Spam

And so on and so on... :)

Does that help?

G

Guest28

K_M you mean something like this???????? http://malwareup.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=642

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
I like this idea.
It could be extended to a kind of package deal. for example: recommended free setup(s), paid setup.

K__M

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Yup sounds good :)

It would also come in handy for many users, new or not.

For all the info to be all in one special place is more easy and organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.