Suggestion required for cloud antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
Can anyone suggest a free cloud AV which should be light on resource and compatible with other AV?

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
For a true well rounded and proven brand i can recommend Panda Cloud and Immunet Cloud both are true cloud based anti-malware programs.
Both programs feature only a local client and both use pretty much nothing in terms of resources.

S

sinu

Thread author
For a true well rounded and proven brand i can recommend Panda Cloud and Immunet Cloud both are true cloud based anti-malware programs.
Both programs feature only a local client and both use pretty much nothing in terms of resources.
can i use panda along with other AV without any conflict?

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

@sinu Panda Cloud detection is very good but you can notice slowdown. Not sure about Immunet. Free product is still available but their paid product is not available anymore.

Every machine is different, maybe Panda Cloud is not heavy on your system.
Does it works on Windows 10?

Yes, Crystal Security is compatible with Windows 10. :)

Regards,
Kardo

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
can i use panda along with other AV without any conflict?

This is what Panda themselves said in 2010 at Panda Cloud AV: is it really compatible with other antimalwares? | Wilders Security Forums :

Just to clarify, a few months ago we changed the way our installer works so that it installs even if there is another AV already installed in the machine. In the past we used to make a hard stop during the install if the installer found any traces of a previous AV installation, even minimal traces.

The reasoning is that advanced users normally run multiple AV/AM tools and are smart enough to turn one or the other off and not run them simultaneously. But as some have reported, Panda Cloud Antivirus will run without problems with other AVs.

But we are *not* saying that Panda Cloud Antivirus is *compatible* with other AVs, simply that it can be installed alongside other AVs. There's just too many combinations out there to check from a QA perspective to make sure they are compatible. As some users have seen, with certain combinations it works flawlessly and with some there's conflicts and/or slowdowns, it really depends on the combination of real-time scanners.

pbust, Oct 11, 2010

Just to clarify, I did not say that PCAV is compatible with other AVs... I said that the installer will allow it to be installed alongside other AVs. There's a big difference.

To illustrate differently:

Installer = can be installed alongside other AVs = PCAV does not block installation if it detects other AVs present in the system.

AV Compatibility = PCAV is not developed nor tested to be compatible with other AVs. Some people have reported it works with other AVs and it doesn't with others. This does not mean official compatibility.

pbust, Oct 22, 2010

Another poster on the same thread said:

Someone did a test on a Spanish Security forum and then came and gave shared with us some results:

Kav 2011 (NO)
Nod32 v4 (YES)
Avast! 5 free (YES)
Avira free antivirus (YES)
BitDefender Free Edition (YES)
Norton antivirus (YES, but slows the pc)
Avg (NO, panda and avg detected a virus)

Security Suites:

Kis 2011 (NO)
Eset smart Segurity (NO)
Avira Premium Security Suite (YES)

Now this is in no way official but if you are curious of what others found

Ibrad, Oct 11, 2010

Now five years is a long time, and Nico is very knowledgeable, so I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised for there to be more up-to-date detailed and/or official information on this. If someone has it, it would be splendid if you would post it.

In AV testing in recent times Panda and Qihoo have left trailing in the dust the traditional Big 3 of free anti-viruses, AVG, Avira, and avast!

Reactions: mal1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.