Suggestions for 360 Total Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

I'm not saying that when the 7 version of 360TS, it will come with plenty of new features and improvements! Maybe in December! :D;)
Come with as a more & more bundled Total Security!
more unnecessary features for a security program that is what Total Security will be, IMO.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
My How to really improve 360 Total security:
  1. Reorganize left menu
    1. Antivirus
    2. Behavior Detector (they can give it name like advanced detection...)
    3. Sandbox
    4. Firewall
    5. Tool Box
  2. Antivirus:
    1. Move protection menu inside this menu (some functions traslated to Behavoir)
    2. Option to select engines on demand scanners like IS (now you can select engine only on realtime).
    3. Option to select engines on download manager.
    4. Add generic browser detection to download manager (works in chrome, ff, but not in opera maxthon)
    5. Stop saying all trojan.generic (if you download Eicar 360 detect as eicar, but if is compressed 360 detect as trojan generic, wtf?)View attachment 15234
    6. Resize detection popup (is too big)
  3. Behavior Detector:
    1. Add some leves of protection.
    2. Add some levels of advices.
  4. Sandbox:
    1. 2 leves of sandbox:
      1. Generic mode (actual sandbox)
      2. Secure mode
        1. Block all internet connections as default (ask to user).
        2. Block interaction with Userfiles (Documents, img, etc. folders)
        3. Option to add folders to "userfiles" (to block interaction)
    2. AutoSandbox unknow files (and up to cloud)
  5. Firewall:
    1. Create new firewall or just take control off Windows firewall (binisoft)
    2. Some autorules (for example: explorer.exe need to connect to microsoft for SmartScreen and some other functions, allow this and block the rest)*
  6. Tool Box (add OPTION to install opional tools)
    1. Speedup
      1. User withelist
    2. Cleanup
      1. User withelist
    3. Patch Up
      1. User ignore list
and I answer: Qihoo calls its product Total security and no "360 Antivirus " or "360 clean and protect" and and I want truly Total security

I miss some functions, all add it with *

D

Deleted member 21043

@TrojanSmart I'm not sure if you are really from 360 TS support but if you really are PM me because I may have something that may be useful for your product ;)

Reactions: TrojanSmart

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I would really suggest that those who feel Windows Firewall is enough would rethink their position. Although it is indeed adequate even at default levels for monitoring Inbound traffic, WF is sorely lacking in providing Outbound connection security.

One can certainly make rules for specific applications under advanced settings, but this will provide absolutely no, protection against malware that may have found some way to get on the system. Things like RAT's, info stealers, and those encrytors that need to contact C&C prior to working their magic will find WF to be no burden, whereas a good 3rd party firewall with Outbound protection will alert the user prior to damage being done.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Qihoo should create a bootable CD/USB tool to remove malwares if computer becomes unbootable.

In addition to automatic update, add scheduled update, so that update occurs on daily, weekly or monthly basis.

Make downloadable standalone virus database and add feature in 360 TS to update from the database.

Ability to automatically delete quarantined files after certain period of time (in no. of days or months).

Ability to automatically delete log files after certain period of time (in no. of days or months).

Last edited:

TrojanSmart

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 25, 2014
Suggestions for 360 Total Security!
Add support for keyboard navigation of user interface
Add Antispam in the cloud
Add anti-hacker firewall protection
Add protection statistics
Add scan schedule
Add file shredder
Add software update tool
Add home page protection
Improve the performance of the product during scans
Improve the function of check for updates
Reduce the size of the installation package

Reactions: Irmantas and OneDay

MobilePCTech

Oct 20, 2014
It needs a custom installer option like Avast so we could choose to not install unwanted/useless features like disk cleanup and PC speed up for example. Include a Firewall or change the name because it's not Total security without one. Windows FW is only good enough for the average meat head PC user. I also vote to keep I.S available since it costs nothing to offer a cut down version of something you already have.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Improve Webprotection.

Right now it works good with IE. And for other browsers you need to install Add-Ons.
Why do you need add on to filter web-traffic? Fix that issue.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
SUGGESTIONS:

Remove the word "Total" and just replace it with "Essential"

Then just imitate the cleaning capacities of CCleaner.
Improve Sandbox
Then remove the rest... of course except the AV components.

Because for me, 360 TS is too much bloated.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
SUGGESTIONS:

Remove the word "Total" and just replace it with "Essential"

Then just imitate the cleaning capacities of CCleaner.
Improve Sandbox
Then remove the rest... of course except the AV components.

Because for me, 360 TS is too much bloated.
and it's just 25mb to download compared to 160MB of IS :rolleyes:

Yeah i know the latter includes definitions. :D

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
By default turn ON Avira engine.

Avira has less false positive. When Avira engine is used 360 TS uses less RAM compared to when bitdefender engine is used. Users who remain offline most of the time will remain protected by offline avira database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.