Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Summary of the results of LabAV for September 2013.
itrnvwgkk2.jpg

vh1r55931o.jpg

n5ejvkvkrn.jpg

unmr3gzvnq.jpg

j9elqxpu34.jpg

Source

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
MalwareVirus said:
FortiClient Free 5 doing a good job

Thanks for share:)
its always good to see that some free software is performing head-to-head with paid softwares.
its a quality software, but they should decrease no. of processes if possible, its 8/9 processes, although those doesn't take much RAM/CPU, yet its little odd when we see Task Manager :(

CIS performed worst in URL test, because they dependent on Comodo DNS, they actually have no URL filter AFAIK, yet fans can use K9 web filter with Comodo, K9 performs good.
http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"its always good to see that some free software is performing head-to-head with paid softwares"
I agree
"CIS performed worst in URL test, because they dependent on Comodo DNS, they actually have no URL filter AFAIK"
yes tapoo bhai i agree with you on this too comodo should enhance their web filter or they can made it like dr.web link checker.I am using VTzila but my real protection is sandboxie coz 99% i used sandboxed Firefox.
Thanks for share your info

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The only threats I see if you've downloaded and plan to run an unknown executable, or running out-date / vulnerable software that can be exploited (ie. Java exploits).

Malicious URLs are noticeable from the Address bar. Most browsers ask (or can be configured) before any files are downloaded. Other browsers have download checks for malicious content, or have warnings.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.