Expired SUMo Pro 4.2 on Giveawayoftheday.com Today

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Hangtooth

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
Just saw this on giveawayoftheday.com and got it, but it was a pain.

First off, to download it you either need to Like it on facebook, or in smaller print below provide an email address where they send you a download link. I used spamgourmet.com to make an email address to feed them, as nowmymail.com didn't fool them. I am really tired of junk mail.

Then Avira let me know the installer has: 12/27/2015,6:55:15 [DETECTION] Contains patterns of software PUA/InstallCore.Gen7!

But I overrode it, turned off real-time protection and cleaned up afterwards. The devs claim it's a false positive, and there wasn't anything to clean up after install, so who knows. Avira Pro, HitmanPro, Zemana and MBAM can't find anything left behind by the installer so I guess it's safe. (On an unrelated note: Zemana did try and tell me Adwcleaner.exe was heuristically bad, but I reported that as safe.)

After this little dance it installed and let me register it with the provided code from giveawayoftheday.com and appears to be working. No idea of how long, usually it's for 1 year, but the devs don't say in the description, the downloaded files, or even in the final product after it is registered.

All in all, kind of shady but meh, it's free.

Product Description:

Keep your PC up-to-date and safe by using the most recent version of your favorite software - SUMo (Software Update Monitor). Unlike built-in auto update features, SUMo informs you about available updates before you use your software.

Key features:
  • Automatic detection of installed software;
  • Detects required updates/patchs for your software;
  • Detects required drivers update (requires DUMo);
  • Filter/authorize Beta versions (user setting);
  • Ignore list: only tracks software YOU want to track;
  • More compatibility and less false positives than others Update Monitors (according to users feedback).

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Just saw this on giveawayoftheday.com and got it, but it was a pain.

First off, to download it you either need to Like it on facebook, or in smaller print below provide an email address where they send you a download link. I used spamgourmet.com to make an email address to feed them, as nowmymail.com didn't fool them. I am really tired of junk mail.

Then Avira let me know the installer has: 12/27/2015,6:55:15 [DETECTION] Contains patterns of software PUA/InstallCore.Gen7!

But I overrode it, turned off real-time protection and cleaned up afterwards. The devs claim it's a false positive, and there wasn't anything to clean up after install, so who knows. Avira Pro, HitmanPro, Zemana and MBAM can't find anything left behind by the installer so I guess it's safe. (On an unrelated note: Zemana did try and tell me Adwcleaner.exe was heuristically bad, but I reported that as safe.)

After this little dance it installed and let me register it with the provided code from giveawayoftheday.com and appears to be working. No idea of how long, usually it's for 1 year, but the devs don't say in the description, the downloaded files, or even in the final product after it is registered.

All in all, kind of shady but meh, it's free.

Product Description:

Keep your PC up-to-date and safe by using the most recent version of your favorite software - SUMo (Software Update Monitor). Unlike built-in auto update features, SUMo informs you about available updates before you use your software.

Key features:
  • Automatic detection of installed software;
  • Detects required updates/patchs for your software;
  • Detects required drivers update (requires DUMo);
  • Filter/authorize Beta versions (user setting);
  • Ignore list: only tracks software YOU want to track;
  • More compatibility and less false positives than others Update Monitors (according to users feedback).
After reading all of that I don't think it's worth the effort :)

Reactions: Rishi and Hangtooth

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I did download it using a disposable email, license is already given inside a text file, just use the "Lite" installer from their official website which does not contain any PUPs/adware and it should register fine.

upload_2015-12-27_21-49-18.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.