App Review SuperAntiSpware Pro 5.0.1134 Prevention test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems its detecting but the partial only not the actual ones. So its like blocking only the suspicious behavior added by the main malicious files.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Seems its detecting but the partial only not the actual ones. So its like blocking only the suspicious behavior added by the main malicious files.

I haven't added the callouts Blocked and Missed callouts because I didn't know how to explain it that it detected parts of the file. How can I explain it in a clear and meaningful way the next time? :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well likely on that case for SAS Pro mostly it could be called as partial blocked since the main file didn't detect.

You can do it next time on all review.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Well likely on that case for SAS Pro mostly it could be called as partial blocked since the main file didn't detect.

You can do it next time on all review.

What if I wanted to type the score (how many were blocked out of how many)?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well like this:

For example 20 samples of zero day malicious links

If its fully blocked then: 1 point for each samples.

If its partial blocked then: 0.5 point

And when its failed then 0 point.

Then the result is (example): 14.5/20= 86.25%

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
Good review, but remember SAS is a supplementary product and shouldn't be used on its own.

Thanks

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
MetalShaun said:
Good review, but remember SAS is a supplementary product and shouldn't be used on its own.

Thanks

What made me confused was what they wrote on their site: "Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware and Remove Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits, Rogue Security Products and many other types of threats."

And Ransomware is a malware, isn't it?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One thing they need is improve their detection rates especially for scanner that suppose to find threats that an AV cannot managed it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There's no point updating every hour, unless they have the definitions. So that goes back to what James said about improving detections.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
they have a definition, earth.
I set it like that (updates every hour)
and, the definition +1 or, ever +2 as well.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
What made me confused was what they wrote on their site: "Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware and Remove Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits, Rogue Security Products and many other types of threats."

yes.
BUT, the underlined is NOT all AV programs can block or remove ransom.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
win7holic said:

yes.
BUT, the underlined is NOT all AV programs can block or remove ransom.

Do you mean SAS isn't designed to remove ransomware? :huh:

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
no. I mean is;
NOT all AVs in this world can remove or block ransomware.
SAS especially, it is not possible to remove Ransom, in my opinion.
since SAS does not have good detection also.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
SUPERAntispyware PRO's protection capabilities is very lacking in my opinion, It's not worth it to buy the license.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
BoXX28 said:
SUPERAntispyware PRO's protection capabilities is very lacking in my opinion, It's not worth it to buy the license.

I find it good to remove spyware and adware, but it is not really good for malware removal.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I find it good to remove spyware and adware, but it is not really good for malware removal.

I know SAS are good enough to remove it.
but, it can all be done another scan tool.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
You have Malwarebytes' Antimalware and Hitman Pro to do that stuff, And the two scanners does a better job than SAS itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.