SUPERAntiSpyware 6.0.1252

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

WEll I wrote to support about the portable version and this is what they said. Go to SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! . On that page it shows a Portable version. Now click on that. then you will see another Portable version download button. If you click on that you will get the installable version. That can not even maintain their own web site, even after a true clear complaint. I only wanted to check it out and it does find cookies CCleaner doesn't flag.

Jun 24 2018 (Sun)
6:54:01 PM UTC

" ticklemefeet
I clicked on the portable version of SuperAntiMalware and always get the installable version. If you do not have a download for the portable version, could remove the download link that reads portable?
Thank

Jun 25 2018 (Mon)
4:22:26 PM UTC

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Replied:
Hello We no longer offer the Free Portable Edition. "

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

detecting tracking cookies is a good thing, and CCleaner must not do as good of a job. the free version seems to work just fine to get them yummy cookies out. But as you guys know I also use way better security software anyway. Maybe one day when I am not so lazy I with test it with some malware but not sure it worth the waste of time.

Reactions: Weebarra

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Detecting tracking cookies are already cleaned by browser extensions such as Cookie Auto Delete and Self-destructing Cookies (FF & Chrome). SUPERAntispyware is a product which has unfortunately not tested the stand of time and falls behind many security products out on the market, same could of been said for MBAM, but their PUP detection & other fields has grown massively since the take over of adwcleaner for PUPs specifically.

~LDogg

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
I haven't used this software in a while.. it used to be good around 10 years ago and I have to thank the developers as SAS did a great job cleaning a infected laptop that no other antimalware could effectively clean. I hope they evolve...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.